63602042GB.fm Page 37 Monday, January 28, 2008 12:09 PM
Motor running time depends on different things: number of door openings, amount of food stored,
temperature of the room, setting of the temperature controls.
If, after performing the above checks, your appliance still does not work properly, contact the After-sales
Service, explain the problem, specifying the model and appliance service number (stated on the data
If the refrigerator temperature is too high
• Is the appliance installed near a heat source?
• Are the refrigerator controls correctly set?
• Has a large amount of food been added to the refrigerator or freezer?
• Check that the doors are not opened too often.
• Check that the doors close properly.
• Make sure that air flow vents inside the compartment are not blocked, as this prevents the circulation
of cold air.
If there is moisture build-up
• Make sure that the food is properly packaged. Dry any dampness on food containers before placing
them in the refrigerator.
• Check that the doors are not opened too often. When the door is opened, humidity from the room air
enters the refrigerator. The more often the door is opened, the faster humidity builds up, especially
when the room itself is very humid.
• If the room is very humid, it is normal for moisture to build up inside the refrigerator.
• It is normal for droplets of water to form on the back wall after the refrigerator self-defrosts.
If the doors do not open and close properly
• Check that food packages are not blocking the door.
• Check that the door trays, shelves and drawers are all positioned correctly.
• Check that the door seals are not dirty or sticky.
• Ensure the appliance is level.
Always disconnect the refrigerator from the power supply before replacing any light bulbs.
If the inside light is not working:
• Disconnect the appliance from the mains power supply.
Depending on the model
• Remove the bulb cover (depending on model)
• Unscrew or remove the bulb.
• Check the bulb and if necessary replace it.
• Some models are equipped with a special bulb, which does not unscrew. Pull towards the inside of the
appliance. This bulb is available only from our After-sales Service. Replace using maximum 15W bulb.
AFTER SALES SERVICE
Before contacting After Sales Service:
1. See if you can solve the problem yourself (see
"TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE / AFTER-SALES
2. Switch the appliance on again to see if the
problem has been solved. If it has not, disconnect
the appliance from the power supply and wait for
about an hour before switching on again.
3. If the problem persists after this course of action,
contact After-sales Service.
Downloaded from Fridge-Manual.com Manuals
• the nature of the fault,
• the model,
• the Service number (the number after the word
SERVICE on the rating plate inside the appliance),
• your full address,
• your telephone number and area code
The direction of door opening can be changed.
If this operation is performed by After-sales
Service it is not covered by the warranty.