When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to
reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury, including the following:
• Read all instructions.
• To protect against risk of electric shock, do not
immerse base, cord or plug in water or other liquid.
• Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is
used by or near children.
• Unplug from outlet when not in use, before putting
on or taking off parts, and before cleaning.
• Avoid contacting moving parts.
• Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord
or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, has
been dropped, or damaged in any manner. Call the
appropriate toll-free number listed on this sheet.
• The use of attachments not recommended by the
appliance manufacturer may cause fire, electric
shock or injury.
• Do not use outdoors.
• Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter.
• The blade is sharp. Handle carefully.
POLARIZED PLUG (120V models only)
This appliance has a polarized plug (one
blade is wider than the other). To reduce
the risk of electric shock, this plug is
intended to fit into a polarized outlet only
one way. If the plug does not fit fully into
the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does
not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do
not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
Warning: This appliance is equipped
with a tamper-resistant screw to prevent
removal of the outer cover. To reduce
the risk of fire or electric shock, do not
attempt to remove the outer cover. There
are no user-serviceable parts inside.
Repair should be done only by authorized
1) A short power-supply cord is provided to
reduce the risk resulting from becoming
entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
Please Read and Save this Use and Care Book.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
This product is for household use only.
• Keep hands and utensils away from the cutting blade
while chopping food to reduce the risk of severe
injury to persons or damage to the food chopper.
A scraper may be used but only when the food
chopper is not running.
• To reduce the risk of injury, never place cutting blade
on base without first putting bowl properly in place.
• Be certain lid is locked securely in place before
• Do not open the appliance until blades stop
• Do not attempt to defeat the lid interlock mechanism.
• Do not use this appliance for other than intended use.
• This appliance is not intended for use by persons
(including children) with reduced physical, sensory
or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and
knowledge, unless they have been given supervision
or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a
person responsible for their safety.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that they do
not play with the appliance.
2) Longer detachable power cords or
extension cords are available and may
be used if care is exercised in their use.
3) If a long detachable power-supply cord
or extension cord is used,
a) The marked electrical rating of the
extension cord should be at least
as great as the electrical rating of
b) If the appliance is of the grounded
type, the extension cord should be a
grounding-type 3-wire cord, and
c) The longer cord should be arranged so
that it will not drape over the
countertop or tabletop where it can
be pulled on by children or tripped
Note: If the power cord is damaged,
please contact the warranty department
listed in these instructions.