Proper Wine Cellar Care and Cleaning
Cleaning and Maintenance
To avoid electric shock always unplug your wine cellar
before cleaning. Ignoring this warning may result in
death or injury.
Before using cleaning products, always read and follow
manufacturer's instructions and warnings to avoid
personal injury or product damage.
• Prepare a cleaning solution of 3-4 tablespoons of
• Rinse with clean warm water and dry with a soft cloth.
• Do not use harsh chemicals, abrasives, ammonia,
• Clean door gaskets every three months according to
• Petroleum jelly applied lightly on the hinge side of
• O c c a s i o n a l l y t h e r e m a y b e p o w e r i n t e r r u p t i o n s d u e t o
thunderstorms or other causes. Remove the power cord from
AC outlet when a power outage occurs. When power has been
restored, replug power cord to AC outlet.
Vacation and Moving Care
• For long vacations or absences, unplug the wine cellar and clean
the wine cellar and door gaskets according to "General cleaning"
section. Leave doors open, so air can circulate inside.
• When moving always move the wine cellar vertically. Do not move
with the unit lying down, as possible damage to the sealed system
Note: After moving, wait for 24 hours before plugging in the wine
baking soda mixed with warm water. Use sponge or
soft cloth, dampened with the cleaning solution, to
wipe down your wine cellar.
chlorine bleach, concentrated detergents, solvents or
metal scouring pads. Some of these chemicals may
dissolve, damage and/or discolor your wine cellar.
general instructions. Gaskets must be kept clean and
pliable to assure a proper seal.
gaskets will keep the gasket pliable and assure a