Viewing Pictures on a Computer
Using the UC-E6 USB cable and PictureProject software provided with your camera,
you can view your photographs and movies on a computer. Before you can transfer
(copy) pictures to your computer, you will need to install PictureProject. For more
information on installing PictureProject and transferring pictures to your computer,
see the Quick Start Guide and the PictureProject Reference Manual (on CD).
Before Connecting the Camera
Pictures can be copied from the camera to the computer by:
• Pressing the I (V) button on the camera (Q 92)
• Clicking the Transfer button in PictureProject
Which method you will use depends on your computer's operating system and
the USB option selected in the SET-UP menu of the camera. After consulting the
following table, select the appropriate option using the USB item in the SET-UP
menu of the camera. The default option is Mass storage.
Windows XP Home Edition
Windows XP Professional
Windows 2000 Professional
Windows Millennium Edition (Me)
Windows 98 Second Edition (SE)
Mac OS X 10.1.5 or later
* The camera I (V) button can not be used to transfer pictures in the following cases. Use the
Transfer button in PictureProject.
• When transferring pictures from the camera memory and Mass storage is selected for
the USB option
• When the memory card write-protect switch is in the "lock" position. Unlock by sliding
the switch to the "write" position before transferring pictures.
Camera I (V)
Pictures transferred using:
Choose Mass storage or PTP.
Choose Mass storage.
Choose Mass storage