Your camera uses:
• LR6 (AA) alkaline batteries (×2), or
• Nikon EN-MH1 rechargeable nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) batteries (×2), or
• ZR6 (AA) nickel manganese batteries (×2), or
• FR6/L91 (AA) lithium batteries (×2)
*Do not mix batteries of different types.
[IMPORTANT] Battery Type
To improve battery performance, select the type of battery currently inserted in the camera in the
SET-UP menu. The default setting is the type of the included batteries. For cameras purchased in
Europe, if included batteries are alkaline, change the default setting to Alkaline. When any other
type of battery is used, turn the camera on and change the setting (Q 111).
Open the battery-chamber cover
• Slide the battery-chamber cover latch as illus-
trated ( ), pull the battery-chamber cover ( )
and open ( ).
Insert the batteries
• Insert the batteries as shown in the label inside
the battery chamber.
Close the battery-chamber cover
• Close the battery-chamber cover ( ) and slide
it in until it latches ( ). Be sure that the bat-
tery-chamber cover is properly latched.