Care and Cleaning
This product contains no user serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified service
Caution: Do not overexpose control panel to water. Water may cause permanent
damage and make coffeemaker inoperable.
1. Make sure coffeemaker is unplugged and cooled before cleaning.
2. open water reservoir cover.
3. Remove filter basket by its handle and lift straight up.
4. discard filter with grounds.
5. Clean parts as follows:
• Filter basket, carafe and lid are all top-rack dishwasher-safe; or they may
be hand-washed in warm, sudsy water.
• Wipe exterior and adjustable warming plate with a soft damp cloth.
Important: Do not use abrasive cleansers, scouring pads or steel wool. Never
immerse coffeemaker in water or any other liquid.
CARINg FOR YOUR CARAFE
• do not allow all of the liquid to evaporate from the carafe while on the
adjustable warming plate, or heat the carafe when empty.
• discard the carafe if damaged in any manner.
• Never use abrasive scouring pads or cleansers; they will scratch the glass.
• Avoid rough handling and sharp blows.
This coffeemaker automatically records number of times coffee has been
brewed, to indicate when full decalcification cleaning is needed. When 60 cycles
of coffee have been brewed, CleAN light on digital display will be illuminated.
1. Combine 6 cups of white vinegar and 4 cups of cold water in carafe.
2. Pour into water reservoir. Close the lid.
3. Place an 8 to 12 cup basket style paper filter in the removable filter basket.
Insert filter basket into filter basket holder and close lid.
4. Press AUTo CleAN to activate cleaning cycle. CleAN light at bottom of digital
display will be illuminated.
5. Part of the mixture will brew through. Remaining mixture will be held in
coffeemaker for 30 minutes before completing its brew through.
6. Brew fresh water through appliance following instructions given in GeTTING
STARTed before brewing coffee again.
Important: Auto Clean may be activated at any time, simply by pressing AUTO
Coffeemaker is not
not turn on.
may be overfilled.
Carafe may not be
correctly placed on
Brewing takes too
Coffee is not
might be empty.
There may be no
brews clear water.
coffee grounds in
Filter basket does
basket may not be
Carafe may be
Grounds in brewed
Filter and/or filter
basket are not
grind being used.
Check to be sure appliance is
plugged in to a working outlet
and the power (
) button is
Make sure water reservoir has
not been filled beyond MAX
fill line. Make sure carafe is
placed correctly on adjustable
warming plate and is centered
under filter basket holder.
Follow procedure in CARe ANd
Make sure water reservoir
has sufficient water to brew
desired number of cups of
Add sufficient amount of coffee
grounds to paper or gold
tone filter in removable filter
Remove filter basket and
replace correctly into holder.
Remove carafe and insert so
that carafe rests comfortably
within grooves on adjustable
Insert paper liner into filter
basket and insert basket
properly into holder.
Follow directions for cleaning
coffeemaker. Use only coffee
ground for automatic drip