The following chart lists the approximate battery life during Two-way use* for AA
Alkaline and NiCd batteries.
*Two-way use is defined as 90% standby time, 5% talk time, and 5% receive time.
Note: Remove batteries before storing your radio for extended periods. Batteries
corrode over time and may cause permanent damage to your radio.
Battery life will be reduced if you regularly use Hands-Free (VOX)
accessories, or Scan.
Charging Desk Stand
The Charging Desk Stand provides drop-in charging convenience. The charging
Desk Stand can be placed on any flat surface, such as a desk or workbench.
Charge the NiCd battery overnight (16 hours) before using it for the first time.
1. With the radio OFF, remove the Battery Cover.
2. Insert the battery pack as indicated on the battery-pack label.
3. Replace the Battery Cover.
4. Plug the wire on the AC Power Supply into the plug on the desk stand.
5. Plug the AC Power Supply into a standard wall outlet.