6. Slide the radio into one of the Desk Stand charging pockets facing forward. The
red light will glow if the radio is properly inserted.
7. The radio/battery will be fully charged within 14 hours.
You can also charge the battery pack separately from the radio, as follows:
1. Plug the wire on the AC Power Supply into the plug on the Desk Stand.
2. Plug the AC Power Supply into a standard wall outlet.
3. Insert the battery pack into the Desk Stand charging pocket using the charging
pocket insert provided.
4. Make sure that the contacts on the side of the battery pack align with the metal
contacts in the pocket of the Desk Stand. The red light will glow if they have been
5. The radio/battery will be fully charged within 14 hours.
The Solid Red Light Indicator shows that the radio and/or the NiCd battery are
Note: When moving between hot and cold environments, do not charge the battery
until the battery temperature acclimates (usually about 20 minutes).
A depleted battery will recharge to full capacity within 14 hours.
Note: For optimal battery life, remove the radio or battery from the charger within
16 hours. Do not store the radio in the charger.