System Installation Guide
6 Mount thermostat and outdoor sensor
Follow the guidelines below when mounting the thermostat:
• Do NOT install the thermostat in an area where it can be exposed to water or rain.
• Avoid locations where there are air drafts (top of staircase, air outlet), dead air spots
(behind a door), direct sunlight or concealed chimney or stove pipes.
• For a new installation, choose a location about 1.5 m (5 ft.) above the floor.
• Install the thermostat on an inside wall facing the heater.
• Keep the thermostat's top and bottom air vents (openings) clean and unobstructed at
Two mounting plates are provided for mounting the thermostat on the wall or on a junction
box. Use Method A for a slimmer thermostat look. Choose Method B if you prefer not to
make an opening in the wall. Method C must be used for installation on a junction box.
Recessed mounting on a wall (Method A)
Mark the four corners and join
them to create a rectangular
Mounting on a
wall (Method B)
Secure the mounting
plate to the wall using
provided wall anchors
Cut along the outline to create
an opening in the wall.
Mounting on a junction
box (Method C)
Use mounting plate with no opening.
Secure the mounting plate to a junction
box using provided mechanical screws.
Secure the mounting plate to
the wall using provided wall
anchors and screws.
Complete the thermostat
installation by pressing
the faceplate against the