START -UP PROCEDURE
Your spa is equipped with solid state preprogrammed Comfort Controls specific to your spa
model. Please see the CONTROLS section listed under your particular spa series model.
To start your spa, you will need a spa water test kit and an underwater thermometer.
It is important to follow each of these steps when starting your spa.
Start-up procedure for all models: : : : :
1. Place spa on a hard, flat, level surface. Make
sure the power supply is off.
2. Make sure that the suction fittings in the
footwell are in place and undamaged.
3. Open the equipment door. On one
pump models, screw the pump plug
(supplied in packet) into the face of the
pump. On multiple pump models,
check to make sure the freeze line
between pump one and pump two is
properly connected. (See THERAPY SYSTEM in Series Manual.) Close the
drain valve and screw the drain valve cap on tightly. Tighten all disconnects
and open all shut-off valves. On models with
a DuraBase external drain, close valve by
turning outer ring clockwise. Be sure the
center plug is in place and tighten.
4. Fill the spa with water to two-thirds of the
way up the Vortex skimmer opening(s).
The use of a Fill Filter, #5039, is recom-
mended, especially in areas with high
mineral content in the water.
5. Turn the power on and wait five seconds.
6. At this time the spa should have water
flowing from the jets. If the pump has not
primed and water is not flowing from the jets after two minutes TURN
OFF POWER TO THE SPA and vent air from the pumps by slightly
opening the pump union. (SeeTROUBLESHOOTING, Water Flow.)
7. Your spa water temperature is preset at 102° F. Use the TEMP SET pad on
the bather's control panel to set the water temperature to the desired level.
8. SHOCK the water and test the water chemistry following the instructions
in your Marquis Spa Care Water Treatment Guide, included with the spa.
(Also see WATER CHEMISTRY GUIDELINES.)
9. Place the cover on the spa. It will take 12 to 24 hours for the water to heat to
10. Check the water temperature and adjust the setting if necessary. Normal
use is between 98° and 102° F.