Sno-Thro Owner/Operator Manual Models 932036 - 524 932037 - 724 932504 - 524 932505 - 724 Transfer Coller l’autocollant du model & modèle et du numéro de serial number série dans cet encadré. label from Transferir aquí la etiqueta product del modelo y número de registration serie del registro del...
Philip J. Smucker: Manager of Product Conformance (Keeper of Technical File) – Responsable de la conformité des produits (en possession du document technique) – Leiter der Produktübereinstimmung (Verantwortlicher für die technische Dokumentation) – Addetto alla conformità del prodotto (in possesso del documento tecnico) –...
INTRODUCTION • Record Engine Model and Serial number here. PRODUCT REGISTRATION The Ariens dealer must register the product at the time of purchase. Registering the product will help the company process warranty claims or contact you with the latest service information.
4. Review recommended lubrication, maintenance and adjustments. 5. Review Limited Warranty Policy. 6. Fill out a Product Registration Card and return the card to the Ariens Company or go to www.ariens.com. SAFETY WARNING: POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS SITUATION! If not avoided, COULD RESULT in death or serious injury.
REQUIRED OPERATOR TRAINING Original purchaser of this unit was instructed by the seller on safe and proper operation. If unit is to be used by someone other than original purchaser; loaned, rented or sold, ALWAYS provide this manual and any needed safety training before operation.
2. DANGER! ROTATING PARTS! Stop engine and remove key before clearing. High speed impeller rotates below discharge opening. Wait for all moving parts to stop before removing clogs or OS2070 servicing. 3. DANGER! ROTATING PARTS. Keep clear of auger while engine is running.
Never direct discharge towards persons or property that may be injured or damaged by thrown objects. Use extreme caution on gravel surfaces. Stay alert for hidden hazards or trafﬁc. Adjust Runners so Scraper Blade does not contact gravel. DO NOT throw snow any higher than necessary.
This product is equipped with an internal combustion type engine. DO NOT use unit on or near any unimproved, forest-covered or brush covered land unless exhaust system is equipped with a spark arrester meeting applicable local, state or federal laws. A spark arrester, if it is used, must be maintained in effective working order by operator.
WARNING: AVOID INJURY. Read and understand the entire Safety section before proceeding. WARNING: Dropping or tipping over boxed unit could result in personal injury or damage to unit. Tools Required: • Pliers • Open-End Wrenches: 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16 in. and/or Adjustable Wrench •...
WARNING: AVOID INJURY. Read and understand the entire Safety section before proceeding. WARNING: To avoid injury to hands and feet, always disengage clutches, shut off engine, and wait for all movement to stop before unclogging or working on snow thrower. Keep hands and feet away from auger and impeller.
Throttle The throttle controls the engine speed. To increase or decrease the engine speed, adjust to: 1. Fast (normal or warm starts) 2. Part-Throttle 3. Slow (cold weather starts) 4. Stop (engine is off) STOP OL2720 Electric Starter The electric starter will start a properly choked and cranked engine when the starter button is pushed.
FILLING FUEL TANK WARNING: AVOID INJURY. Read and understand the entire Safety section before proceeding. Fuel Shut-Off Valve IMPORTANT: The fuel shut-off valve MUST be in the closed position prior to transporting the unit. The fuel shut-off valve has two positions: •...
7. Grasp starter handle and pull rope out slowly until it pulls harder. Let rope rewind slowly. 8. Pull rope with a rapid continuous full arm stroke. Let rope rewind slowly. IMPORTANT: DO NOT let Starter Handle snap against Starter. 9.
Ariens Dealers will provide any service or adjustments which may be required to keep your unit operating at peak efﬁciency. Should engine service be required, contact an Ariens dealer or an authorized engine manufacturer's service center. WARNING: AVOID INJURY. Read and understand the entire Safety section before proceeding.
2. Add lubricant if required. Allow oil to drain to level of plug and replace plug. IMPORTANT: Use only Ariens special gear lubricant L-2 (Part Number 00008000). 1. Auger Gearcase 2. Filler Plug Figure 9 GENERAL LUBRICATION IMPORTANT: Wipe each ﬁtting clean before and after lubrication.
(housing closest to ground). 3. Reposition scraper blade ﬂush with runners and tighten lock nuts. SHEAR BOLTS IMPORTANT: Use only Ariens shear bolts for replacement. Use of any other type of shear OS0115 bolt may result in severe damage to unit.
2. Drive shear bolt through hole (if shear bolt was broken this will drive remaining part from shaft). 3. Secure shear bolt with nut. 1. Auger 2. Shear Bolt(s) 3. Roll Pin Figure 14 SPEED SELECTOR ADJUSTMENT To adjust (Figure 15): 1.
ATTACHMENT DRIVE BELT REPLACEMENT Remove Attachment Drive Belt (Figures 16 and 17) 1. Shut off engine, remove key, disconnect spark plug wire and allow unit to cool completely. 2. Remove two screws securing belt cover to unit and remove belt cover. 3.
TRACTION DRIVE BELT REPLACEMENT NOTE: Housing and frame must be tipped apart and attachment drive belt removed from engine sheave in order to change traction drive belt (Figures 16 and 17). CAUTION: Always support Sno- Thro frame and blower housing when loosening the cap screws holding them together.
1. Remove belt cover. 2. Check belt alignment (Figure 17). Engine sheave and attachment pulley must align vertically. Also, belt must be centered in the idler pulley. To align, move engine sheave: a.Loosen set screws. b. Slide sheave and key to desired position.
03248300 Friction Disc To obtain a complete parts manual, ﬁnd your model and serial number. Then go to www.ariens.com or call 1-800-678-5443. ACCESSORIES See your authorized Ariens dealer to add the additional accessories available to your Sno-Thro. Part No. Description...
PROBLEM PROBABLE CAUSE Engine will not 1. Fuel tank is empty. crank/start. 2. Fuel shut-off valve closed. 3. Build up of dirt and residue around governor/ carburetor. 4. Key Switch not in run position. 5. Electric starter not functioning. Engine stops. 1.
Model Number Description Engine - Tecumseh Power Max - HP (Kw/min Fast Idle Speed-RPM (min Displacement - in. (cc) Electric Start Fuel Tank Capacity - qt. (L) Snow Clearing Width - in. (cm) Chute Rotation Angle Rotation Control at Handlebar Impeller Diameter - in.
Ariens Company warrants to the original purchaser that consumer products manufactured by Ariens Company will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of three (3) years after the date of purchase, and will repair any defect in material or workmanship, and repair or replace any defective part, subject to the conditions, limitations and exclusions set forth herein.