Contents Introduction...2 Installation ...3 Using Ultra View ...6 To launch the program...6 Item features...7 To add a camera...12 To remove a camera...15 To link to the Web page of the camera...15 To record video...16 To configure the recording settings ...18 To playback the recorded video...20 To set up motion detection options...21 Information...23...
NTRODUCTION This Software User Guide provides detailed instructions on operating Ultra View, a customized software application with a user-friendly interface allowing you to access and control your camera(s). You can connect up to 16 cameras to monitor different places and record events for each camera. With Ultra View, you can also change some basic settings of the camera, such as schedule profiles and motion detecting.
NSTALLATION Firstly, insert the Installation CD-ROM into your CD drive to initiate the Auto-Run program. The Auto-Run screen provides the following options: Quick Guide Advanced Guide Software Manual IP Finder Install Software Browse Exit To begin installation: 1. Click Install Software and then select Ultra View. The setup wizard appears to help you complete the installation step-by- step.
4. Click Next again to confirm installation. The setup wizard starts to install the software and the progress bar indicates the installation is proceeding. 5. When installation is complete, click Close. - 5 -...
SING LTRA To launch the program This section describes the user interface and operating instructions of Ultra View. To launch the program, click Start > Programs > UltraView > UltraView; the main screen will appear as below: NOTE Please set the resolution to 1024x768 or above on your computer while using Ultra View;...
Item features The following describes the function of each item on the main screen: CONTROLS Panel - SETTING: Click to enter the Setting screen of Ultra View. Click again to return to the main screen of Ultra View. - PLAY: Click to play the recorded video file using the media player on the computer (for example, Windows Media Player by default).
VIEW SELECTION Panel - View mode buttons: Ultra View provides multiple view modes, including 1/4/9/16 windows and Full screen mode. - SCAN: When you connect multiple cameras, click this button to display the video views as the main window in turn.
CAMERA Panel - TRIGGER OUT: Click to turn on the trigger out connector of the camera. This button is available only when the connected camera supports the trigger out connector, which is used to control the external device connected to the camera, such as a light.
SYSTEM Panel This panel displays the current date and time. PAN-TILT CONTROL Panel (optional) When you connect a pan/tilt camera, the system will detect the camera’s function automatically and the PAN-TILT CONTROL buttons will become functional. Otherwise, these buttons are displayed as grayed out buttons. - Direction/Home buttons: Click these buttons to adjust the camera’s viewing angle to Up ( ) / Right (...
Video View Window and Camera List - Video View Window: This window displays the video view of the selected camera, which can be divided into 4/9/16 windows according to your selection in VIEW SELECTION panel. - Camera List: This list displays the information of the connected camera(s).
3. In the pop-up Add New Camera dialog window, you can: Select the Search tab if you are not sure of the camera’s IP address. Click Search camera to search the available camera within the network. Once the camera is found and is shown in the list, select it and click Add Camera.
4. Enter the User name and Password for the camera, and then click OK. The connected camera will be displayed in the Camera List. 5. Click SETTING to return to the Video View Window. The video view of the selected camera will now be displayed. - 14 -...
To remove a camera 1. Click SETTING in the CONTROLS panel to display the Setting screen. 2. Select a camera from the list and click Delete Camera. Select a camera To link to the Web page of the camera Click SETTING > Camera List > Camera Configuration and then Link web page to launch the Web browser that displays live view image and Web Configuration of the selected camera.
To record video Ultra View provides three methods to record video clips; one is to click the RECORD/ALL RECORD button to record manually; the second is to record by motion detection; the third is to set the recording schedule in Setting > Recording Configuration > Schedule Recording Configuration.
Schedule recording This recording method will work after you have completed the required settings in Schedule Recording Configuration. The recording schedule can be defined by Dates or Days. - Dates: First, select the camera from the pull-down list. Then, click Add to set the Start/Stop date and time and then click OK to add the recording schedule to the list.
- Days: First, select the camera from the pull-down list and select Days tab. Then, select the weekday from the day buttons and then set the time period. Click Apply to save the settings. To configure the recording settings To configure the recording settings, including the storage folder and storage options, click SETTING >...
Reserved HDD space for each camera: This option allows you to set to reserve the storage space on the hard disk drive for the recording of each camera. Before setting the reserve space on the hard disk drive, you can check the available storage space that is displayed in the HDD Free space field.
To playback the recorded video The recorded video clips are saved ro your computer, and can be played using the media player on the computer, such as Windows Media Player. To start playback, simply click the PLAY button on the CONTROLS panel, and the following dialog screen will appear, allowing you to select the file to playback.
To set up motion detection options When the motion detection function of the selected camera is enabled, you can set the Motion Options by selecting Alarm, Recording, Send e-Mail, and Trigger Out under SETTING > Motion Configuration. Alarm: Select Beep or Music to alert you for the motion detected.
- Mail Server: Enter the mail server address. For example, mymail.com. - Mail From: Enter an email address of the user who will send the email. For example, John@mymail.com. - Mail To: Enter the email address of the user who will receive the email.