preparing your phone
choosing your settings
Your phone's display is protected by a plastic label
After you install your batteries, system information
5. Repeat Step 4 to store the minute, month and date.
during shipping. Peel off the label before using your
appears in the display, followed by E for English, F for
To reset the language, contrast, area code and
French and S for Spanish.
1. Repeatedly press REVIEW or to select the
Thank you for purchasing your 20-Number Memory
1. Hold down DELETE and press . LCD CONTRAST
desired display language and press DELETE to
Speakerphone from RadioShack. It combines a
Insert three AAA alkaline
store it. If you do not select a language within a few
speakerphone and a Caller ID unit in one system. It
batteries (not supplied).
seconds, the system defaults to English.
2. Repeat Step 1 above to reset each setting.
shows the caller's telephone number (and name, if
appears or the
2. When LCD CONTRAST appears in the display, repeat
available in your area), and the date and time of each
display becomes dim,
step 1 to select one of the six settings.
call, as provided by your local telephone company to
replace the batteries.
Caller ID service subscribers.
3. When 000 SET AREA CODE displays and the 0
flashes, repeatedly press REVIEW or until the
Scroll up or down
• When replacing batteries, be
first digit of your area code appears. Press DELETE
to set the desired
sure to put in new batteries
to store it. Repeat for each digit of your area code.
within one minute of removing the old ones. If not, your
contrast, area code,
NOTE: If you do not press a button, the system automatically
time and date will be lost.
20-Number Memory Speakerphone
Also lets you scroll
sets the area code to 000.
• Use only fresh batteries of the required size and
through all numbers
in your Caller ID
Long Modular Cord
Short Modular Cord
4. Press REVIEW or to set the hour, and press
• Do not mix batteries of different sizes or chemistries.
Flip open the clear cover
DELETE to store it.
Coiled Handset Cord
and use the supplied index
• Always remove old or weak batteries. Batteries can leak
NOTE: If you do not press a key, the system automatically
card inside to record the
chemicals that can damage electronic parts.
sets the time to 12:00 PM 1/01.
3 Index Cards
VOL-/VOL+ – controls the
CALL BACK – dial
MEM – stores a
mounting and connecting the phone
phone downward to secure it.
volume of the sound through
a phone number in
number in an indirect
6. Use a coin to turn the handset hook 180°.
1. Press and pull out the stand from the base.
your handset and speakerphone.
the Caller ID record.
memory location (0-9).
2. Connect the handset to your phone using the coiled
handset cord, and then fit the cable in the groove as
• Your telephone connects directly to a modular phone
3. Align the mounting bracket's round tabs with the holes
line jack. If your phone line jack is not a modular jack,
on the base, then slide the mounting bracket upward to
you can update the wiring yourself using adapters and
SPEAKER – press
snap it into place.
M1-M10 – store 10
jacks from your local RadioShack store. Or, call your
to switch between
numbers and dial them
4. Connect one end of the short modular cord into LINE,
telephone company to update the wiring for you.
the handset and
with the touch of a
and the other end to the wall plate jack.
• The USOC number of the jack to be installed is RJ11C.
5. Fit the keyhole slots over the wall plate studs. Slide the
When a headset
is conneted, press
SPEAKER to make
or answer calls. To
end a call, press
Pause) – press to
Use the stand to place
select different dialing
your phone on a desk.
options based on
the number you are
RINGER VOLUME HI/
Set ringer's volume to
STORE – press to
HI or LOW as desired.
store numbers in
Set to OFF for no sound.
memory locations. See
HOLD – press to
the phone is placed
MUTE – press to keep
put a call on hold.
– press to
on the desk, connect
the other party from
See "setting the dialing
FLASH – press to
To resume the call,
hearing you. To resume
redial the last
an optional headset
answer another call if
press the switchhook
you have Call Waiting.
or lift the handset.
(2.5mm) plug into
the HEADSET jack.
Set to R1 for a high number of rings
or R2 for a lower number of rings.
Please read this user's guide before
Coiled Handset Cord
installing, setting up and using your new product