HOW TO U S E
This appliance is intended for household use only.
• Remove all packing material, any stickers, and the plastic band around the power
• Remove and save literature.
• Please go to www.prodprotect.com/applica to register your warranty.
• Wash all removable parts as instructed in Care and Cleaning Section.
• Select a location where this unit is to be used, allowing enough space from the
back of the unit and wall to allow heat flow without damage to cabinets
OPERATING YOUR BLACK+DECKER DOUBLE FLIP™
1. Before first use, condition the nonstick waffle plates
by brushing or wiping a light coating of cooking
oil (vegetable, canola, or corn oil) onto the entire
cooking surface. Wipe off excess oil with paper towel.
2. Flip and follow the same directions on the other set of
plates; then close the waffle maker.
3. Plug into a standard outlet. The red power indicator
light (A) will come on and the waffle maker will begin
to preheat. The red light will remain illuminated until
the waffle maker is unplugged.
4. Allow the waffle maker to preheat. The green
temperature-ready indicator light (B) will illuminate
when the appliance is ready to use.
Tip: The green light only indicates when the appliance
is at temperature, not when the waffle is ready. It will
cycle on and off during the cooking process to keep a
Note: During the initial preheating, you may notice
smoke and a light odor. This is normal and should
cause no concern.
5. Once the waffle maker is preheated, open the waffle
maker by pulling the handle lock to the unlock
position. (C) Lift the cool touch handle. Pour about ¾
cup of batter into the center of the lower waffle plate.