When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be fol-
lowed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury, including the following:
• READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
• Do not touch hot surfaces. Only use the heat-
• To protect against electrical shock, do not
immerse cord, plug, or appliance in water or
• Close supervision is necessary when any
appliance is used by or near children.
• Unplug from outlet when not in use and
before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting
on or taking off parts, and before cleaning the
• Do not operate any appliance with a damaged
cord or plug, or if the appliance malfunctions
or has been damaged in any manner. Contact
consumer support at the toll-free number
listed in the warranty section.
• The use of accessory attachments not
recommended by the appliance manufacturer
may cause injuries.
• Do not use outdoors.
• Do not let cord hang over edge of table or
counter, or touch hot surfaces.
• Do not place on or near a hot gas or
electric burner, or in a heated oven.
• Extreme caution must be used when
moving an appliance containing hot food.
• Do not use appliance for other than
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
This product is for household use only.
POLARIZED PLUG (120V models only)
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric
shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into
the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to
modify the plug in any way
Warning: This appliance is equipped with a tamper-resistant screw to prevent removal of the outer
cover. To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not attempt to remove the outer cover. There
are no user-serviceable parts inside. Repair should be done only by authorized service personnel.
1. A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce the risk resulting from becoming entangled in or
tripping over a longer cord.
2. Longer extension cords are available and may be used if care is exercised in their use.
3. If a long extension cord is used:
a) The marked electrical rating of the extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical
rating of the appliance.
b) If the appliance is of the grounded type, the extension cord should be a grounding-type
c) The longer cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop
where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over unintentionally.
Note: If the power cord is damaged, please contact the warranty department listed in these instructions.
Please Read and Save this Use and Care Book.
• This appliance is not intended for use by
persons (including children) with reduced
physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or
lack of experience and knowledge, unless they
have been given supervision or instructions
concerning use of the appliance by a person
responsible for their safety.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that
they do not play with the appliance.
• When using the appliance, provide adequate
air space above and on all sides for circulation.
• Do not use this appliance on an unstable
• Do not attempt to heat or cook non-food items
in this appliance.
• This appliance generates heat and escaping
steam during use. Open the waffle maker
carefully to avoid burns.
• Do not open this appliance by the removable
plates, as the tabs will be very hot. Only use
the front handle.
• Do not touch the heating coils once the
plates have been removed. They will still be
hot after use.