Scope This manual has been issued by Canon Inc., to provide the service technicians of this product with the information necessary for qualified persons to learn technical theory, installation, maintenance, and repair of products. The manual covers information applicable in all regions where the product is sold. For this reason, it may contain information that is not applicable to your region.
I. MANUAL OUTLINE This manual consists of the following three parts to provide information necessary to service the PIXMA iP6220D: Part 1: Maintenance Information on maintenance and troubleshooting of the PIXMA iP6220D Part 2: Technical Reference New technology and technical information such as FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions) of the PIXMA iP6220D...
II. TABLE OF CONTENTS Part 1: MAINTENANCE 1. MAINTENANCE 1-1. Adjustment, Periodic Maintenance, Periodic Replacement Parts, and Replacement Consumables by Service Engineer 1-2. Customer Maintenance 1-3. Product Life 1-4. Special Tools 1-5. Serial Number Location 2. LIST OF ERROR DISPLAY / INDICATIONS 2-1.
Part 2: TECHNICAL REFERENCE 1. NEW TECHNOLOGIES 2. CLEANING MODE AND AMOUNT OF INK PURGED 3. PRINT MODE 3-1. Resolution in Printing via Computer (Print on One or Both Sides of Paper, Photo and CL Cartridges, Color Mode) 3-2. Resolution in Printing via Computer (Print on One or Both Sides of Paper, CL Cartridge, Color or Monochrome Mode) 3-3.
1. MAINTENANCE 1-1. Adjustment, Periodic Maintenance, Periodic Replacement Parts, and Replacement Consumables by Service Engineer (1) Adjustment Approx. Adjustment Timing Purpose Tool time EEPROM At logic board ass'y replacement To initialize settings other than None. 1 min. initialization the following: (EEPROM - USB serial number settings)
1-2. Customer Maintenance Approx. Adjustment Timing Purpose Tool time Print head When print quality is not To ensure accurate dot - Machine buttons Auto:4 alignment satisfying. placement. min. (Auto/Manual) When printer is set up. Manual:3 - Computer (settings min. via the printer driver) (Auto/Manual) Print head...
1-4. Special Tools Name Tool No. Application Remarks MOLYKOTE QY9-0035-000 To be applied to the chassis. In common with other models. PG-641 FLOIL QY9-0057-000 To be applied to the sliding portion of In common with the carriage, and the platen link. other models.
2. LIST OF ERROR DISPLAY / INDICATIONS Errors and warnings are displayed by the following ways: 1) Operator call errors are indicated by the Alarm LED lit. (In the service mode, the Alarm LED blinks to indicate errors.) Service call errors are indicated by the number of cycles the Alarm and Power LEDs blink. 2) Errors and warnings are displayed on the LCD on the operation panel.
absorber is almost ink absorber becomes will clear the error, and indicating the waste ink almost full. enable printing. absorber is full, is likely to full. occur soon. [1700 for the main At repair Press [OK] to waste ink absorber, For main waste ink continue but early 1710 for the platen...
2-2. Service Call Errors (by Cyclic Blinking in Orange (Alarm LED) and Green (Power LED), or Alarm LED Lit in Orange) Cycles of blinking in Solution orange (Alarm LED) and Error [Error code] (Replacement of listed parts, which are green (Power LED) likely to be faulty) 2 times Carriage error ...
2-3. Warnings Machine (displayed on the LCD): Displayed warning Remarks Low ink Print head temperature rise If the print head temperature is high when the scanning unit is opened, the warning is displayed. When the print head temperature falls, the warning is released. Protection of excess rise of the print head If the print head temperature exceeds the specified limit, a Wait is inserted temperature...
- drive unit, or - cap blade unit. Printing is faint, or white lines appear Remove and re-install the ink on printouts even after print head cartridges, or replace the cleaning. - ink cartridge Line(s) not included in the print data - cap blade unit, appears on printouts.
3. REPAIR 3-1. Notes on Service Part Replacement (and Disassembling / Reassembling) Service part Adjustment / settings Operation check Notes on replacement Logic board ass'y - Before removal of the logic After replacement: - EEPROM information board ass'y, remove the print QM2-2840 1.
*1: General notes: - Make sure that the flexible cables and wires in the harness are in the proper position and connected correctly. [See 3-2. Special Notes on Repair Servicing, (1) Flexible cable and harness wiring, connection, for details.] - Do not drop the ferrite core, which may cause damage. - Protect electrical parts from damage due to static electricity.
3-2. Special Notes on Repair Servicing (1) Flexible cable and harness wiring, connection Be careful of wiring of the flexible cables and harness. Improper wiring or connection may cause breakage of a line, leading to ignition or emission of smoke. 1-11...
To the table of contents To the top <Part 1: 3. REPAIR, 3-2> 1-12...
3-3. Adjustment / Settings (1) Paper feed motor adjustment Perform the following adjustments when the paper feed motor unit is replaced: 1) When removing the screws, mark the screw hole. 2) When installing the motor, position each screw to the mark, and fasten them. 3) After replacement, be sure to perform the service test print, and confirm that no strange noise or faulty print operation (due to dislocation of the belt or gear, or out-of-phase motor, etc.) occurs.
[Main chassis adjustment] After installing the main chassis, be sure to perform the confirmation test detailed below; confirm that the print quality is proper and the ink cartridges are not contacting the paper. <Confirmation test> Using Photo Paper Pro, and with the paper thickness lever set to the left position (normal position), print an image and confirm that the print quality is proper, and the ink cartridges are free from contacting the paper.
Part name Where to apply grease / oil Grease / oil name Grease / oil amount Entire contact surface of the Chassis FLOIL KG107A 100mg carriage slider 420mg 2 Inside of the rail FLOIL KG107A 100mg 3 Back of the rail FLOIL KG107A 4 Bottom of the rail FLOIL KG107A...
(4) Waste ink counter reset After replacement of the logic board ass'y, reset the waste ink amount value to the replaced logic board. In addition, according to the waste ink amount, replace the waste ink absorber (the bottom case unit or the ink absorbers).
machine. select Print Head Alignment and click Check Setting. On standalone machine, press the Menu button, select Maintenance/settings to move to Maintenance, and perform the selection. Paper feed roller cleaning On standalone machine, press the Also available from the printer driver Menu button, select Maintenance.
selection. Reset Settings are reset to the original shipping conditions. On standalone machine, press the Menu button to move to Maintenance / Settings; select Device Settings, then Reset Setting. Saving the settings The current print settings are saved. On standalone machine, press the Menu button to move to Maintenance / Settings;...
unit). If the platen waste ink amount is 7% or more, replace the platen ink absorber (inside the bottom case unit). Destination settings See "Service mode operation After destination settings, make sure to procedures" below. initialize the EEPROM. Button and LCD test See "Service mode operation Confirm the button and LCD operation.
<Waste ink counter reset procedures> In the waste ink counter resetting mode, press the Resume/Cancel button the specified number of time(s) according to the ink counter reset value listed in the table below, and press the Power button. Time(s) LED indication Waste ink counter value 0 times Green (Power)
<Button and LCD test procedures> In the button and LCD test mode, perform the following to confirm the operation of the buttons and the LCD. 1) Press the Stop/Reset button. The LCD color changes and displays a full blue screen. 2) Press each button on the operation panel (except the Power and Stop/Reset buttons).
3-4. Verification Items (1) Service test print <EEPROM information contents> On the service test print (sample below), confirm the EEPROM information as shown below. (The information is given in the upper portion of the printout.) iP6220D US V.xxx USB(xxxxxx) Dd=xxx.x iP6220D: Model name US: Destination V.xxx : ROM version...
15. User print head alignment value 16. Language destination 17. Wiping count 18. Camera Direct Print-supported device connection record (Bubble Jet Direct, Canon PictBridge, Other maker's PictBridge) 19. Bluetooth-supported device connection record 20. Longest period of non-printing 21. Total pages fed 22.
1. NEW TECHNOLOGIES (1) New Direct Print function - Red eye correction: The red eyes area is selected from an image, and the red eyes are detected automatically. Correction is made at the detected area. - Memory card writing function: From the Menu, Setting of Read only (writing is not possible) and Read_Write (writing is possible.) is possible.
<Accuracy> - The margin of error of detection accuracy is +/-10% in normal printing. - The margin of error is likely to be large in the following specific print patterns: When printing continuously using any one of the Photo /CL three colors of ink: As the remaining ink level is calculated by the counted dot value of the least remaining ink of Photo/Cl three colors, if any of the C/M/Y inks is heavily consumed, the margin of error for remaining ink increases.
<Problems that can be resolved by this function> Try the print head alignment for the following problems: - The line is not straight. - Printout is granulated. <Possible problems with this function> 1) Print head alignment error => Perform print head deep cleaning (refreshing) because non-ejection of ink may occur. (6) Print Beam printing Wireless printing of photos from a camera-equipped mobile phone via infrared or Bluetooth communication is available.
2. CLEANING MODE AND AMOUNT OF INK PURGED To prevent printing problems due to bubbles, dust, or ink clogging, print head cleaning is performed before the start of printing, except in the following cases: - Cleaning on arrival: Performed when the access cover is closed. - Cleaning by dot count: Performed after ejection of paper (or after printing on the back side of paper when auto duplex printing is performed).
3. PRINT MODE White background: Print with 5 pl only Yellow background: Print with 5 pl and 2 pl Green text: Fast Blue text: Standard text: High 3-1. Resolution in Printing via Computer (Print on One or Both Sides of Paper, Photo and CL Cartridges, Color Mode) Quality Paper type...
Pm,Pc:600x600 Pm,Pc:600x600 (print on one side) (print on one side) 4 passes 3 pass 6 passes Bi-directional Bi-directional Bi-directional No. of Bk:600x600 passes Bk:600x600 Bk: 600x600 Envelope Y,M,C:600x600 Resolution Y,:M,C600x600 YMC: 600x600 (dpi) Pm,Pc:600x600 Pm,Pc:600x600 (print on one (print on one side) side) (print on one side) 6 passes...
6 passes 12 passes Glossy Photo Bi-directional Bi-directional No. of passes Paper Y, M, C: Y, M, C: Resolution 600x600 600x600 (dpi) GP-401 (print on one (print on one side) side) 6 passes 12 passes Photo Paper Bi-directional Plus Glossy No.
3-3. Resolution in Borderless Printing (Print on One or Both Sides of Paper, Photo and CL Cartridges, Color Mode) Quality Paper type Quality level 5 Quality level 4 Quality level 3 Quality level 2 level 1 3 passes No. of Bi-directional passes Plain paper...
3-4. Resolution in Borderless Printing (Print on One or Both Sides of Paper, CL Cartridges, Color or Monochrome Mode) Paper type Quality level 5 Quality level 4 Quality level 3 Quality level 2 Quality level 1 3 passes No. of passes Bi-directional Plain paper...
3-5. Resolution in Direct Printing Paper type Standard High 6 passes 12 passes Bi-directional Bi-directional Bk:300x300 Bk:300x300 No. of passes Plain paper Y,M,C:300x300 Y,M,C:300x300 Resolution (dpi) Pm,Pc:300x300 Pm,Pc:300x300 (with borders only) (with borders only) 6 passes 12 passes Bi-directional Bi-directional Photo Paper Pro No.
4. FAQ (Problems Specific to the iP6220D and Corrective Actions) Possible call or No. * Function Phenomenon Condition Cause Corrective action complaint Carriage error During unpacking The user may not - Remove the The LEDs blink (LED cyclic have removed the packing material alternately in and setup by a user...
improper paper setting in the ASF covert, and - Paper cannot paper ejection with the longer remove the be fed side down, the LF jammed paper. - Cannot print roller cannot catch - Set a sheet of the paper, Credit Card size Paper preventing paper paper in the ASF...
*1: When paper is not soiled, cleaning is complete. Change paper each time cleaning is performed. *2: Locations to clean in servicing when soiling on paper in automatic duplex printing persists: * Occurrence level: A: The symptom is likely to occur frequently. (Caution required) B: The symptom may occur under certain conditions, but likeliness is assumed very low in practical usage.
2. CONNECTOR LOCATION AND PIN LAYOUT 2-1. Main Board J201 (Print head 1/2 [Carriage unit:Photo]) Signal name Function 1 to 3, 14 to VHGND Head drive ground 4 to 8 Head drive 24V Diode sensor anode side B_CNO Head contact detection signal (BK) DATA (PBK) Photo black seiral data DATA (PC)
J202 (Print head 2/2 [Carriage unit:Color]) Signal name Function Diode sensor anode side 2, 8, 10, 12, SGND Ground A_HE0 Heat enable A_CNO Head contact detection signal (CL) DATA (M) Magenta seiral data DATA (C) Cyan seiral data DATA (Y) Yellow seiral data HCLK Head clock...
J304 (USB 2.0) Signal name Function SNS_USB VBUS power supply detection signal D- signal D+ signal 4 to 8 Frame ground J305 (PictBridge and cover sensor) Signal name Function F-GND Frame ground S-GND Signal ground D+ signal D- signal VBUS signal DOOR Cover open sense Ground...
J403(Power supply) Signal name Function 24V power supply output PW_CONT Power control signal Ground J501 (LF motor) Signal name Function LF_M LF motor + LF_MN LF motor - J502 (Carriage motor) Signal name Function CR_M CR motor + CR_MN CR motor - To the table of contents To the top <Part 3: 2.
2-2. Operation Panel Board L J1 (Logic board) Signal name Function 1, 5, 7, 12 GND Ground STOP_SW Stop/Reset button PANEL_INTX Interrupt signal PANEL_RSTX Reset signal SD_CLK Clock signal 8 to 11 SD_D0to D3 Data signal SD_CMD Command data switch ALARM_LED Alarm LED output POW_LED...
2-3. Operation Panel Board R J1 (Operation board L) Signal name Function 1, 10 Gound 2 to 5 CA0 to 3 Key scan column address 6 to 8 RA0 to 2 Key scan row address SW_STP Stop/Reset button signal 2-4. Card Slot Board (Card Slot Unit) Memory card connector [CompactFlash] Signal name Function...
CF_VS1X CF voltage sense CF_IORDX CF read strobe CF_IOWRX CF write strobe VCC(CF_WEX) CF logic power supply (write enable) CF_INTRQ CF interrupt CF logic power supply GND(CF_CSELX) CF ground (chip select) CF_VS2X CF voltage sense CF_RESETX CF reset CF_IORDY CF ready CF_INPACKX CF card response VCC(CF_REGX)
Reserved SD_VCC SD logic power supply MS_DIO MS data signal MS_VCC MS logic power supply (MS data signal) SD_CLK SD system clock MS_BS MS bus state SM_CDSW SM card detect SM_CDSW_GND SM ground SD_CD_GND SD ground SD_CD SD card detect 46, 50 Frame_GND Frame ground...
2-5. Carriage Board (Print Head Connector) Signal name Function B_DIA Diode sensor anode side B_DATA_A Serial data B_HLAT Latch signal HCLK Head clock HENB2 Heat enable 6 to 11 Ground 12 to 16 Not used Head ID 18 to 23 Head drive 24V ID scan power supply Power supply to drive the power transistor inside the...
3. PIXMA iP6220D SPECIFICATIONS <Machine> Type Desktop-type serial machine Paper feeding method Auto sheet feed (auto sheet feeder) Resolution 4,800 x 1200 dpi (max.) Throughput speed Approx. 60 sec. (PP-101, 4x6, borderless printing, default print quality settings) (Target value) For reference:...
Non-operation Temperature 0C to 40C (32F to 104F) Humidity 5% to 95%RH (no condensation) Power supply Power supply voltage, Power Standby Power-off frequency consumption AC 100 to 240V, 50/60 Hz Approx. 11 W Approx. 1 W Approx. 0.5 W External dimensions With the paper support and output tray retracted:Approx.
paper) DPOF printing: 1 photo per page (borderless/with borders) 6, 15, 24, 35, 80 photos per page 30 photos per page (panorama) Index printing: 6, 15, 24, 35, 80 photos per page 30 photos per page (panorama) Layout printing: 2, 4, 8 photos per page (borderless/with borders) Postcard (borderless/with borders, with/without lines) Album (4 photos per page, right/left) Mix 3 types (for A4/LTR)
Ink color Pigment-based black; Dye-based cyan, magenta, and yellow Weight (net) CL-41 approx. 45 g, CL-51 approx. 56 g, CL-52 approx. 56 g Supply method As a consumable To the table of contents To the top <PIXMA iP6220D SPECIFICATIONS> 3-14...