NOTES REGARDING COMPACT DISC PLAYER REPAIRS
1) Compact disc players incorporate
a great many ICS as well
as the pickup
to , and easily affected
by , static electricity.
such static electricity
is high voltage, components
and for that reason
handled with care.
2) The pickup is composed
of many optical components
Care must be taken,
therefore, to avoid repair or storage where the temperature
of humidity is high, where strong magnetism
is present, or
where there is excessive dust.
(2) Notes for repair
1) Before replacing
part, first disconnect
power supply lead wire from the unit.
2) AH equipment,
and tools must be
3) The workbench should be covered with a conductive sheet
When removing the laser pickup from its conductive
do not place the pickup on the bag. ( This is because there
is the possibility of damage by static electricity.)
4) To prevent AC leakage, the metal part of the soldering iron
should be grounded.
5) In removing short circuit solder of LASER PICKUP,
ceramic heater type of soldering iron.
6) Workers should be grounded by a earth band (1 MQ).
7) Care should be taken not to permit the laser pickup to
come in contact with clothing,
in order to prevent static
in the clothing
to escape from the
8) The laser bea m frOm the Dicku~ should
directly facing the eves o r bares kin.
Countermeasure of electrostatic
NOTES REGARDING HANDLING OF THE PICKUP
(1) Notes for transport and storage
In retaining the product, high temperature,
and dusty circumstances
must be avoided. After taking it
out of packing box, never leave it at the place where dust
against dust. )
The pickup should always be left in its conductive
prior to use.
As this is minutely adjusted,
be careful never give it any
shock from drop or careless handling.
Storage in conductive bag
(2) Repair notes
1) The pickup incorporates
a strong magnet, and so should
never be brought close to magnetic materials.