7 Safety cautions
The matters to be observed without fail are explained below. These matters are indispensable for the preventi on of an
accident during the maintenance servicing, the [security of products] after the completi on of servicing work, and the
[prevention of the repeated occurrence of similar fault.]
(1) The degree of danger and material damage, caused as a result of wrong use by disregarding the contents of the display"
is distinguished and explained in the table below.
(2) Kinds of the matters to be observed are classified and explained in the icons shown below.
This icon indicates a dangerous place where an electric shock is anticipated.
This icon indicates the contents of "caution" that must be borne in mind, without fail.
This icon indicates the contents of "caution" that must be practiced, without fail.
• Observe the caution matter, without fail.
• In the place where a particular caution is needed during maintenance servicing, such a caution note is displayed with a label or a
stamp that is given to the cabinet, chassis, PWB, etc. These caution notes and also the caution matters of
in the instruction manuals, etc., must be observed, without fail.
• Be careful of an electric shock or a burn.
• The PDP module involves the sections where high voltage and high temperature are prevalent. When equipment is energized,
therefore, use working gloves in order to prevent an electric shock and a burn. At the time of transportation, disassembly,
reassembly, and the replacement of parts, such a servicing job must be done after pulling out all the connector cables that have
been connected with external equipment.
• Modification of equipment is absolutely prohibited. Use the specified parts at all times.
• If any modification is performed, the validity of the manufacturer's warranty is lost at that moment. The personnel who did this
modification is responsible for the physical injury or the like, if it should occur as a result of the modification. The parts used are
given the safety-based characteristics, such as non-flammability or sufficient
• Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced.
• Replace only with the same or equivalent type.
If this display is disregarded and equipment is handled wrongly, this can be a cause of physical injury and
a fire, thus leading a person to death or serious injury.
If this display is disregarded and equipment is handled wrongly, this may lead to personal injury or