7.1.6 MPEG INSPECTION
No problems Found during Basic and CPU/System Memory Inspections, but MPEG Does Not Play.
- Check DDR SDRAM Interface/Transport Stream(TS).
If the system does not respond even though no problems were found during the basic inspection
and the CPU/Flash inspection, you will need to check the DDR-SDRAM interface.
Check control lines between DDR-SDRAM and CPU also data/address lines.
The main cause of the problems related to System Memory (i.e.Flash and DDR-SDRAM)is the soldering of parts.
Therefore, in the event of a problem, first check the condition of the soldering and the power supply of IC.
Check the solding
status of DDR-SDRAM
(U5, U6, U7 and U8)
Recheck the basic inspevtion
1. Make sure that basic function of the system is normal by checking that the VFD toggles
each time you press the Front power key.
2. Check the interface between CPU and DDR-SDRAM U5, U6, U7 and U8.
The interface is composed of clock(133MHz), address, data and control signals.
3. If all connections are complete, replace the DDR-SDRAM.
4. If the problems are caused by CPU, change CPU board and download Serial Number.
< Waveform 7 >
No problems Found on
Inspections but MPEG Play
Does Not Work
Check the output of DDR
SDRAM control interface
Ch1:RAS/, Ch2:CAS/, Ch3:WE/
Check the adress and data lines
of between CPU and DDR-SDRAM
< Waveform 8 >
Check for other defective