Chapter 5. Troubleshooting
This chapter provides some troubleshooting hints and tips to assist you if you experience any problems with
the dock. Check the following items first to try to solve the problem.
1. The power and connection indicator of the dock is not on.
Ensure that you have correctly connected the power supply to the dock and a working electrical
outlet, and that you have pressed the power button. Do not use any power supply other than the
one provided with the dock.
2. You connect the dock to a computer with the provided USB 3.0 cable, but the dock does not work.
a. Ensure that the dock is well powered by its power supply. The dock always needs external power
supply for operation, because it does not take power from the USB connector attached to your
b. Ensure that the device driver of the dock is well installed; if not, install the device driver and restart
c. Ensure that the USB connector on your computer works well; if not, replace with other USB
3. You cannot start your notebook computer when it is connected with the dock.
Ensure that you use the USB 3.0 cable provided with the dock.
1. The external monitor display(s) are blank.
• Ensure that the notebook computer connected to the dock is running correctly and is not in standby
or hibernation mode. When the notebook computer is in standby or hibernation mode, the external
monitor display(s) are always blank.
• Ensure that the device drivers are installed following the installation instructions and the icon for the
dock is visible in the Windows notification area.
• Ensure that the video output function is not disabled.
• Ensure the following connections are correct:
– The connection between the USB 3.0 cable and your notebook computer
– The connection between the USB 3.0 and the dock
– The connection among the power supply, the dock, and the electrical outlet
– The connection between the video cable and the video output connectors
Note: For the connection of the VGA connector, ensure that the DVI-I to VGA adapter also is
secured by the screws on both sides of it.
• If the problem persists, disconnect all connections of the dock, and uninstall the dock device driver.
Then, reinstall the dock and the device driver.
© Copyright Lenovo 2012