To install the device driver on the Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 operating system, do the
1. Save any open documents and exit all applications.
2. Insert the Software and User Guide CD and do one of the following:
• If the CD starts automatically, go to step 3.
• If the AutoPlay window opens, click Run start.bat. Then, go to step 3.
• If the CD does not start automatically, go into My Computer or Computer, browse the CD/DVD
drive, and double-click Start.bat.
3. Select your language.
4. On the left side of the window, click Software.
5. Follow the instructions on the screen.
6. Restart your computer after the completion message is displayed. The system will automatically identify
and configure the dock. The video output function of the dock will be automatically enabled after the
configuration is completed.
Uninstalling the device driver from Windows operating systems
This section provides instructions on how to uninstall the device driver from the Windows XP, Windows
Vista, or Windows 7 operating system.
To uninstall the device driver, do the following:
1. Exit all applications that use the dock.
2. Click Start ➙ All Programs ➙ ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock ➙ Uninstall ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen to uninstall the device driver.
4. Restart your computer if necessary.
Installing the dock