IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE
For your safety, the information in this manual must be followed to minimize the risk of fire or
explosion, electric shock, or to prevent property damage, personal injury, or loss of life.
I I M M P P O O R R T T A A N N T T S S A A F F E E T T Y Y I I N N S S T T R R U U C C T T I I O O N N S S
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons when using the washer, follow basic
precautions, including the following:
• Read all instructions before using the washer.
• Do not wash articles that have been previously
cleaned in, washed in, soaked in, or spotted with
gasoline, dry cleaning solvents, or other flammable or
explosive substances, as they give off vapors that
could ignite or explode.
• Do not add gasoline, dry cleaning solvents, or other
flammable or explosive substances to the wash
water. These substances give off vapors that could
ignite or explode.
• Under certain conditions, hydrogen gas may be
produced in a hot water system that has not been
used for 2 weeks or more. HYDROGEN GAS IS
EXPLOSIVE. If the hot water system has not been
used for such a period, before using the washing
machine, turn on all hot water faucets and let the
water flow from each for several minutes. This will
release any accumulated hydrogen gas. As the gas is
flammable, do not smoke or use an open flame during
• Do not allow children to play on or in the washer.
Close supervision of children is necessary when the
washer is used near children.
• Before the washer is removed from service or
discarded, remove the door to prevent children from
This appliance must be grounded. In the event of malfunction or breakdown, grounding will reduce the risk
of electric shock by providing a path of least resistance for electric current. This appliance is equipped with
a cord having an equipment-grounding conductor and grounding plug. The plug must be plugged into an
appropriate outlet that is properly installed and grounded in accordance with all local codes and ordinance.
• Do not use an adapter or otherwise defeat the grounding plug.
• If you don't have the proper outlet, consult an electrician.
: Improper connection of the equipment-grounding conductor can result in risk of
electric shock. Check with a qualified electrician or serviceman if you are in doubt as to whether
the appliance is properly grounded. Do not modify the plug provided with the appliance - if it does
not fit the outlet, have a proper outlet installed by a qualified electrician.
S S A A V V E E T T H H E E S S E E I I N N S S T T R R U U C C T T I I O O N N S S
• Do not install or store the washer where it will be
exposed to the weather.
• Do not tamper with controls.
• Do not repair or replace any part of the washer or
attempt any servicing unless specifically
recommended in the user-maintenance instructions
or published user-repair instructions that you
understand and have the skills to carry out.
• See Installation Instructions for grounding
• Do not use heat to dry articles containing foam
rubber or similarly textured rubber-like materials.
• Interior of washer and condensing duct should be
cleaned periodically by qualified service personnel.
• ALWAYS follow the fabric care instructions supplied
by the garment manufacturer.
• Do not place items exposed to cooking oil in your
dryer, Items contaminated with cooking oils may
contribute to a chemical reaction that could cause a
load to catch fire.
• Do not use fabric softeners or products to eliminate
static unless recommended by the manufacturer of
the fabric softener or product.