How to Use
This product is for household use only.
• Remove all packing material and any stickers.
• Remove and save literature.
• Register your warranty at www.prodprotect.com/applica.
• Wash all removable parts. Check CARe ANd CleANING section for help.
• Fill the water reservoir with fresh cold water.
• Place basket-shaped paper filter (8-12 cup) into filter basket
• Fill the carafe with hot tap water and empty (this will help to
hold the coffee at the brewed temperature). To close carafe
lid, place lid with tab over arrow to right of the handle. Turn
clockwise until tab is over the handle (B).
• Place empty carafe on the carafe plate.
• Pull the power cord out of the cord storage on the back of the
coffeemaker and plug into an outlet. To clean coffeemaker,
brew water with no coffee grounds.
Note: This removes any dust or residue that may remain in the system during the
• empty carafe and throw away the paper filter.
• Press oFF button and unplug. let coffeemaker cool.
ADJUSTING THE POWER CORD LENGTH
Pull enough cord from back of coffeemaker to reach outlet. Gently
pull down and out of the slot away from the coffeemaker.
To shorten, feed extra cord back (C).
SETTING THE CLOCK
1. Plug in coffeemaker. The display flashes 12:00 AM.
Important: You must set the clock in order to use delayed
2. To change the time: Press HoUR button until the correct time
appears. Repeat with the MIN button (D).
Note: For PM there will be a small light in the top left corner of
the display. For AM, there will be no light on the display.
Tip: Hold the buttons down to make the hours and minutes change faster after a short
delay. Tap to change the time by 1 hour or 1 minute at a time.
Note: If the appliance is unplugged, the time will need to be reset. Follow steps 1 and 2.
Note: You don't need to set the clock to brew coffee right away.
1. open cover of coffeemaker. Fill water reservoir with cold tap
water. Use lines on side of reservoir as a guide. do not fill
with more than 8 cups of water (E).
Important: If too much water is added, water will leak from
the back of the coffeemaker.
2. Place paper filter into the filter basket. Add ground coffee
(we suggest 1 heaping tablespoon per cup). Put filter basket
in place (F).
3. To close carafe lid place lid with tab over arrow to right of
the handle. Turn clockwise until tab is over the handle (G).
Note: Coffee may run over if lid is not in place on carafe.
4. Place empty carafe on the carafe plate (H).
5. Plug cord into an outlet. Press oN/oFF button and brewing
6. When coffee grounds are cool, carefully remove and throw
away used grounds and filter.
7. To turn off the coffeemaker at any time press the oN/oFF
8. Unplug appliance when not in use.
9. Press tab on carafe lid to pour coffee (K).