Tools and Parts
Gather the required tools and parts before starting installation.
Read and follow the instructions provided with any tools listed
" hex-head ratchet or
open-end wrench (leveling
" hex-head ratchet or
nut driver (for sheet metal
Remove the parts package from the pedestal drawer. This
package contains 4, #12 x
drawer divider, and drawer shelf.
Keep flammable materials and vapors, such as gasoline,
away from dryer.
Place dryer at least 18 inches (46 cm) above the floor for
a garage installation.
Failure do to so can result in death, explosion, or fire.
NOTE: If dryer and pedestal assembly is located in a garage,
3" (7.6 cm) must be added under pedestal so that dryer is
18" (46 cm) above garage floor.
" open-end wrench
(for leveling leg locknuts)
Pliers or slip-joint pliers
(for drain and inlet hoses)
" hex head sheet metal screws,
Before Installing Your Pedestal
IMPORTANT: If your washer and dryer are already installed, they
must be uninstalled.
If you need to uninstall your washer or dryer, see your Installation
Instructions that came with your model for tools required.
Uninstalling Your Washer
Excessive Weight Hazard
Use two or more people to move and uninstall washer.
Failure to do so can result in back or other injury.
1. Turn off the hot and cold water faucets.
2. Unplug the power supply cord or disconnect power.
3. Slowly loosen the fill hoses at the faucets to relieve the water
pressure. Use a sponge or towel to absorb the released water.
4. Remove the hot and cold fill hoses from the back of the
washer. Drain the water from the hoses into a bucket.
5. Squeeze the ears of the drain hose clamp with pliers to open
and slide the clamp down the hose. Disconnect the drain
hose from the washer and drain any water in the hose into a
6. Pull the washer away from wall so it can be tipped on its
7. Protect the floor with a large piece of cardboard cut from the
pedestal carton. Lay the washer on its back (make sure that
the power supply cord is not under the washer) so that the
cardboard is under the entire lower back edge of the washer.
An additional small amount of water will drain out of the
washer when it is tipped back.
8. Go to "Installing the Pedestal" section.