Installing the Pedestal
Follow these instructions to install the pedestal on a washer or dryer.
Excessive Weight Hazard
Use two or more people to move and install pedestal.
Failure to do so can result in back or other injury.
1. Open the pedestal drawer as far as possible and remove the
contents. This package contains 4, #12 x
metal screws used in step 5, and the shelf and divider pack.
2. Verify the 4 spacer pads are installed on the top of the
3. Locate the levers on the drawer slides on each side of the
A. Spacer pads
A. Drawer slide
" hex head sheet
4. Pull the lever up on the left side of the drawer and at the
same time, push the lever down on the right side. While
holding the levers in position, pull the drawer all the way out
A. Lever (right side shown)
and set aside. Push the slides back into the pedestal.
5. If your washer or dryer has feet installed, remove them. Do
not install the feet that came with a new washer or dryer.
6. Partially install 2 of the #12 x
in the lower holes. Leave a space of about
A. Washer bottom
B. Dryer bottom
C. Install screws
the screw head and the bottom of the washer or dryer.
7. Tip the pedestal on its back and move it against the washer
or dryer bottom. Slide the pedestal's keyhole slots over the
lower 2 partially installed screws.
8. Position the pedestal toward the front of the washer or dryer
and install the 2 remaining hex-head sheet metal screws. Do
not tighten completely.
9. Align the sides of the pedestal so that they are even with the
sides of the washer or dryer. Reach inside the pedestal
A. Lower screws in keyhole slots
" hex head sheet metal screws
" (1 cm) between