Inspection and repairs
• Switch off the appliance before cleaning,
changing accessories or approaching parts
which move in use
• Before use, check the appliance for
damaged or defective parts. Check for
breakage of parts, damage to switches and
any other conditions that may affect its
• Do not use the appliance if any part is
damaged or defective.
• Do not use the appliance if the blade is
• Have any damaged or defective parts
repaired or replaced by an authorised repair
• Before use, check the power supply cord for
signs of damage, ageing and wear.
• Do not use the appliance if the power supply
cord or mains plug is damaged or defective.
• If the power supply cord or mains plug is
damaged or defective it must be repaired by
an authorised repair agent in order to avoid a
hazard. Do not cut the power supply cord
and do not attempt to repair it yourself.
• Never attempt to remove or replace any
parts other than those speciﬁed in this
Before use, check that the mains voltage
corresponds to the voltage on the rating plate.
This appliance is double insulated in
accordance with EN 60335-2-14;
therefore no earth wire is required.
• To avoid the risk of electric shock, do not
immerse the cord, plug or motor unit in water
or other liquid.
• Check that the supply voltage shown on the
rating plate of the appliance matches that of
your electrical system. Any connection error
will invalidate the guarantee.
Mains plug replacement
If a new mains plug needs to be ﬁtted:
Safely dispose of the old plug
Connect the brown lead to the live terminal of
the new plug
Connect the blue lead to the neutral terminal
If the product is class I (earthed), connect the
green/yellow lead to the earth terminal
Warning! If your product is class II double
insulated (only 2 wires in the cord set), no
connection is to be made to the earth terminal
Follow the ﬁtting instructions supplied with
good quality plugs
Any replacement fuse must be of the same
rating as the original fuse supplied with the
1. Wash all detachable parts (see chapter
'Maintenance and cleaning').
2. For the blender, ﬁt the seal (E) on to the
blade holder (G).
3. Place the blade holder (G) into the jug base
(D) and secure buy turning anti-clockwise.
4. Place the ﬁller (A) cap into the lid (B) and
secure by turning it clockwise.
5. Place the lid (B) on to the jug (C) and secure
it by turning clockwise.
6. For the grinder, ﬁt the jug seal (Q) into the
groove around the edge of the grinder jug