The fan can be heard after
operation is stopped.
The Heater stops burning during
White smoke comes out of the
exhaust vent on a cold day.
The hot water becomes turbid.
Water leaks from the drain plugs on
• The fan runs for a while to accelerate ignition after the
operation button is turned on.
• Are the gas and water supply valves fully open?
• Is the water supply cut off?
• Is the hot water fixture sufficiently open?
• Is the gas meter working?
• (For LP) Is there enough gas in the tank?
• This is normal on cold days.
• This is harmless. Small bubbles appear as the air in the
water is heated and depressurized rapidly to
atmospheric pressure. It is similar to the bubbles in beer
or carbonated beverages.
• When the main unit is highly pressurized, water will leak
from the drain plugs as a safety so that the unit is not
damaged by the high pressure.
• These plugs are pressure relief valves. If water is
leaking out of them, excessive pressure is being
supplied to the unit: Have the water pressure checked by