Service and Adjustment
This water heater is equipped with a special element
that has I%" threads. Make sure that the replace-
ment element has I_
3. Attach a hose to the water heater drain valve and put the
other end in a floor drain or outdoors. Open the water heater
drain valve. Open a nearby hot water faucet which will relieve
pressure in the water heater and speed draining.
NOTE." These instructions
are written for element deanlng
and element replacement for the lower element. ][fit is neces-
sary to clean or replace the upper element, thee repeat these
To remove the element from your tank in order to clean or
1. Before beginning turn "OFF" the electric power supply to the
The water passingout of the drain valve may be extreme-
ly hot. To avoid being scalded, make sure all connectionsI
are tight and that the water flow is directed away from
4. Remove the two screws securing the access panel, and remove
HAZARD OF ELECTRICAL SHOCK! Before removing I
any access panels or servicing the water heater, make
I sure the electrical suppl.yto the water heater is tumed I
"OFF". Failure to do thin could result in DEATH, SERI- I
I OUS BODILY INJURY,OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
off the water supply
to the water heater
at the water
or water meter.
5. After you have removed the lower access panel, remove the
dial from the thermostat by gently pulling it
directly away from the thermostat.
6. Open the flap of insulation to expose the opening.