In some water areas, scale or mineral deposits will build up on
your heating elements. This buildup will cause a rumbling noise.
Follow _Element Cleaning/Replacement"
instructions to dean
and replace the elements.
• Remove the two screws securing the access pand and remove
• Open the flap of insulation to expose the opening.
• Reset the high limit by pushing in the red button marked
The water heater has a high limit shut off system with a reset
button located in the upper thermostat.
Follow the resetting instructions which refer to the high limit
behind the upper access panel.
NOTE: If your water heater is connected to an "Off Peak"
hi-limit on both the upper and lower thermostats. Follow
the instructions to reset the hi-limit behind the upper and
lower access panels.
• Before beginning, turn "OFF" electrical power supply to the
• Fold the insulation back in place so that it completely covers
the thermostat and element.
• Replace the access panel.
• Turn _ON _ electric power to the water heater.
If the high hmit mus_n,
call Sears Service |
Department to tlnd out why the high limit turned "OFF" I
HAZARD OF ELECTRICAL SHOCKt Before removing
any access panels or servicing the water heater, make
sure the electrical supply to the water heater is turned t
I_dEreI_tD_MDEGAT. H' SER'" I