Service and Adjustment
18. Fold the insulation back in place so that it completely covers
the thermostat and element.
19. The adjustment dial hasa "D" shaped opening that matches
a "D" shaped shaft on the thermostat. Align the opening in
the dial to the shaft and gently push the dial onto the shaft.
Drain Valve Washer
NOTE: For replacement, use a 'Tu"x t_/," • X" thick washer
available at your nearest hardware
store. For ordering a
replacement washer, refer to the "Parts Order List" section.
• Before beginning turn "OFF" the electrical power supply to
the water heater.
HAZARD OF ELECTRICAL SHOCK1 Before removing
any access panels or servicing the water heater, make l
sure the electrical supply to the water heater is turned
"OFF". Failure to do this could result in DEATH, SERI- I
I OUS BODILY NJURY,OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
• Follow _Draining"
in the "Service
• Turning counter clockwise, remove the hex cap below the
• Remove the washer and put the new one in place.
• Screw the handle and cap assembly back into the drain valve
and retighten using a wrench. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN.
• Follow _Filliog the Water Heater"
• Check for leaks.
• Turn "ON" electric power to the water heater.
20. Turn "ON" electric power to water heater.
Before calling for repair service, read the Start Up Conditions
found in the Troubleshooting
Guide of this manual.
If a condition persists or you are uncertain about the operation
of the water heater, let a qualified person check it out.
Contact SEARS Repair Services at 1-800-4-MY-HOME
Never usethis water heater unlessit is completely full of
water. To prevent damage to the tank and heating ele-
ment, the tank must be filled with water. Water must
flow from the hot water faucet before turning "ON"