HOW YOUR AIR PURIFIER WORKS
This model air purifier incorporates a 3-stage cleaning
system to help clean the air that passes through the
filter in the unit (Fig. 1).
Stage 1: Odor Absorbing Pre-Filter
Stage 2: 95% HEPA-Type Filter
Stage 3: Electronic Ionizer (optional on/off)
• Select a firm, level and flat location. For best airflow, locate the unit at least 3 feet (1 M) from
• When operating, large volumes of air are drawn toward the air purifier. Surrounding areas should be
cleaned and/or vacuumed frequently to prevent build-up of dust and other contaminates. This may help
prolong the life of the filter. If the unit is placed on a light colored carpet, a small mat or rug should be
used underneath to prevent permanent staining. This is especially important in homes with
contamination from smoking or fireplaces.
INSTALL MAIN HEPA-TYPE FILTER
The HEPA-Type Filter is supplied within the air purifier.
It is wrapped to ensure purity.
• Unplug the air purifier. While pressing on the two
notches along the front grille, pull the grille towards
you and remove it (see Fig. 2).
Gently push down on the top of the filter frame and
• Remove the protective wrap from the HEPA-type filter.
• Place HEPA-type filter back into the air purifier
housing, following the directions of the arrows on the
filter cartridge. Snap front filter grille back into place.
3-Stage Filter System
Room Air In