STORING THE IRON
1. Allow the iron to shut off automatically or
press the ON/OFF button to turn it off manually.
The light will go out.
2. Unplug the iron and allow it to cool. Wrap the
cord around the heel rest and secure it with
the cord clip. (E)
3. Store the iron on its heel rest to prevent water
leaking from the Soleplate.
IRON WON'T HEAT?
Is the iron plugged in? Is the Power Light on? If not, press the ON/OFF(l/0) button.
If the light does not come on, will a lamp plugged into the outlet turn on? If it does,
there is a problem with the iron.
IRON WON'T START STEAMING?
1. Check to see if there is enough water in the water reservoir.
2. Is the Lever in the SMART STEAM position? If not, move it there.
3. If steaming doesn't start, tap the Soleplate on the ironing board once or twice.
4. NOTE: If steaming doesn't stop, move the Lever to DRY.
WATER DROPLETS COMING FROM STEAM VENTS?
1. Is the Lever in the STEAM CLEAN position? If so, move it to SMART STEAM.
2. Move the Lever to DRY and allow the iron to heat 2-3 minutes before ironing.
SHUTS OFF AUTOMATICALLY WHILE IRONING?
1. Has the iron been on but not moved for 10 minutes? Automatic shut-off models
will shut off after 10 minutes if not used.
2. Push the ON/OFF button to restart the iron.
FULL ONE-YEAR WARRANTY ON KENMORE IRON
If this Kenmore iron fails due to a defect in material or workmanship within one
year from the date of purchase, Sears will replace it free of charge.
To obtain replacement under this warranty, return this Kenmore iron to the near-
est Sears store in the United States.
This warranty applies only while this Kenmore iron is used in the United States.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other
rights which vary from state to state.
Sears, Roebuck and Co., Dept 817WA, Hoffman Estates, IL 60179