Use & Care Guide ® Charcoal- Gas Combo Grill Sears Model No.: 122.16431010 Kmart Item No.: 640-01350178-8 • Safety • Parts • Use and Care • Assembly This Grill is for Outdoor Use Only •Read and follow all Safety, Assembly, and Use and Care Instructions in this Guide before assembling and cooking with this grill.
ANSI A 119.2, and CSA Z240 RV series recreational vehicle code, as applicable. LP gas grill models are designed for use with a standard 20 lb. Liquid Propane Gas tank, not included with grill. Never connect your gas grill to an LP gas tank that exceeds this capacity.
Disconnected LP gas tanks must not be stored in a building, garage or any other enclosed area. • When your gas grill is not in use the gas must be turned off at the LP gas tank. • The regulator and hose assembly must be inspected before each use of the grill.
Repair Protection Agreements Congratulations on making a smart purchase. Your new Kenmore product is designed and manufactured for years of dependable operation. But like all products, it may require repair from time to time. That's when having a Repair Protection Agreement can save you money and aggravation.
A. Firebox ... 1pc. D. Cart Brace, Left ... 1pc. G. Cart Brace, Right ... 1pc. J. Bottom Panel 1pc. M. Triangle Bracket ... 2pcs P. Towel Rack ... 1pc. B. Cart Leg, Front Left ... 1pc. E. Cart Leg, Front Right ... 1pc. H.
ZC. Charcoal Bin Cover---lpc. ZF. Grease Cup ... 1pc. Zl. Charcoal Cooking Grid ... 1pc. ZL. Gas Grill Warming Rack ... 1pc. ZO. Manual Lighting Stick.- ... 17c. U. Charcoal Bin Front panel-lpc. X. Cart Beam, Front ... 1pc. ZA. Gas Tank Barrier Bar --1pc.
Pack Description 5/32-in. x 10-mm Round Head Screw 5/32-in. Lock Washer 1/4-in. x 15-mm Round Head Screw 1/4-in. Lock Washer Allen Key 1/4-in. Nut 1/4-in. Flat Washer 1/4-in. x 61-mm Round Head Screw 1/4-in. Flat Washer 5/32x6mm Flat head screw 5/32-in.x 8-mm Stage Screw 1/4-in.
UNPACKING 5.Withtheaidofanassistant, lifttheFirebox f romthe bottom oftheshipping boxandplace onprotected f iat surface. Becareful n ottodamage hoseandregulator. 6.Remove g rillbottom panel f rombottom ofshipping box. 7.RefertothePartsListstocheck thatallpartsare present. 8.Inspect thegrillfordamage asyouassemble it. Donot assemble o roperate grillif itappears damaged. If there aredamaged o r missing parts,calltheGrillInformation Center a t 1-800-913-8999.
3. Bottom Panel Assembly a) Use 4 HH Round Head Screws, 4 DD Lock Washers and 4 GG Flat Washers to attach and securely tighten Bottom Panel (J) to Left Cart Legs (E & F). See Fig. 5. b) Repeat step 3a to attach and securely tighten Bottom Panel (J) to Right Cart Legs (B &...
6. Charcoal Bin Assembly a). Place Charcoal Bin Bottom Panel (Q) on a fiat level surface, Connect Charcoal Bin Left (R) and Right (S) Side panels to Bottom Panel by securely hooking Bottom panel tabs into Side panel slots, See Fig. 9. b).
7. Front Trim Panel Assembly a). Place Front Trim Panel (W) against right side of Charcoal Bin Front Panel. Fit Trim Panel hinge pin into hole onto bottom of Bin Front Panel. Tab at top of Trim Panel goes against back surface of Bin Front Panel. Holding Trim Panel and Bin Front Panel together, slide hole on bottom left side of Bin Front Panel onto hinge pin of Left Front Cart Leg.
10. Cart Beam, Back Assembly Use 4 AA Round Head Screws and 4 BB Lock Washers to attach Cart Beam, Back (Z) to Left Back Cart Leg (C) and Right Back Cart Leg (F). See Fig. 16. NOTE: Flat side of Cart Beam, Back (Z) must face cart exterior.
12. Charcoal Bin Cover Assembly Use 4 JJ Flat Head Screws to connect hinges of Charcoal Bin Cover (ZC) to Cart Beam, Front (X). See Fig. 19. 13. Firebox Assembly NOTE: Obtain the aid of an assistant to lift the Firebox. Be sure that the hose and regulator hang inside the cart when placing Firebox.
Grill. Insert Charcoal Cooking grid (ZI) above charcoal tray on Charcoal side of Grill. See Fig. c). Insert Charcoal Warming Rack (ZJ) and Gas Grill Warming Rack (ZL) into rack glides on top of side panels of each firebox.
Fig. 26 Use the tank bolt Fig. 27 once tank Your Kenmore gas grill is now ready for use. Before the first use and at the beginning of each season (and whenever the LP gas tank has been changed): 1. Read all safety, lighting and operating instructions.
Be sure all gas connections are securely tightened. Open the Gas Grill Lid. Push and turn any main burner knob to _ HI position. Push Electronic ignition button for 3 to 5 seconds to light burner. Adjust knob to desired setting.
WARNING Never lean over the grill cooking area while lighting your gas grill. Keep your face and body a safe distance (at least 18 inches) from the cooking grid surface when lighting your grill by match. Manually Lighting Your Grill by Match 1.
1. Turn all burner valves to full OFF position. 2. Turn LP gas tank valve to full OFF position. 3. Detach LP gas hose and regulator assembly from your gas grill. Inspect for any damage and replace as necessary with manufacturer replacement part number found on parts list.
Regardless of which burner cleaning procedure you use, we recommend you also complete the following steps to help prolong burner life. 1. Use a fiber pad or nylon brush to clean the entire outer surface of each burner until free of food residue and dirt.
WARNING Keep a fire extinguisher nearby at all times. This grill is for outdoor use only, in well-ventilated areas. The use of alcohol, prescription or non- prescription drugs may impair the user's ability to properly assemble and safely operate this unit. Use caution when lifting and moving the unit to avoid back strain or back injury.
Failure to comply with these instructions may result in serious bodily injury. Burn-off Before cooking on your gas grill for the first time, you will want to "burn off" the grill to eliminate any odor or foreign matter. Just ignite the burners,lower the Lid, and operate grill on the HIGH setting for 3 to 5 minutes.
WARNING; To ensure that it is safe to eat, food must be cooked to the minimum internal temperatures listed in the _ble below. USDA* Safe Minimum Fish Pork Egg Dishes Steaks and Roasts of Beef, Veal or' Lamb Ground Beef, Veal or Lamb Whole Poultry (Turkey, Chicken, Ground...
To order replacement parts after using grill, call: 1-800-4-MY-HOME @ To make sure you obtain the correct replacement parts for your Kenmore gas grill, please refer to the part numbers on this page. Important: Keep this Use & Care Guide for convenient reference and for part replacement.
For exped troubleshooting For repair - in your home -of lawn and garden equipment, no matter who made it:, no matter who sold it! For the replacement owner's manuals that you need to doqt_yourself. For Sears professional installation of home appliances and items like garage door openers and water heaters.