CD PORTABLE SYSTEM
RM-SRCBX75VWT REMOTE CONTROL
For Customer Use :
Enter below the Model No. and Serial No.
which are located either on the rear, bottom
or side of the player. Retain this information
for future reference.
THIS PRODUCT UTILIZES A LASER.
USE OF CONTROLS OR ADJUST-
MENTS OR PERFORMANCE OF PRO-
SPECIFIED HEREIN MAY RESULT IN
1. CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT
2. DANGER: Invisible laser radiation when
open and interlock failed or defeated.
Avoid direct exposure to beam.
3. CAUTION: Do not open the top cover.
There are no user serviceable parts in-
side the Unit; leave all servicing to quali-
fied service personnel.
Never open the cabinet under any circumstances. Never operate this product with the cabinet re-
moved. Any repairs of internal adjustments should be made only by a trained service technician.
Do not touch the system with wet hands. If any liquid enters the cabinet, take the system to a trained
service technician for inspection.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC
SHOCK, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS APPLIANCE TO
RAIN OR MOISTURE.
Remote control unit ..... 1 pc.
Power cord* ................ 1 pc.
Audio/Video cord* ....... 1 pc.
* Accommodated in the battery compartment.
Thank you for purchasing this JVC product. Please read the instructions carefully before starting operation
to be sure to obtain optimum performance and a longer service life from the system.
This portable system operates on battery or AC power.
SETTING THE VOLTAGE SELECTOR
To avoid damaging the unit, select the voltage range before plugging the power cord into the unit. Open
the battery compartment cover on the back of the unit by pressing down the two tabs and pulling out the
cover. Select the voltage range for your area with the VOLTAGE SELECTOR inside the battery compart-
ment by using a screwdriver or similar.
AC power jack
SETTING THE TV SYSTEM SELECTOR
Open the battery compartment cover and set the TV system selector to PAL or NTSC according to the TV
system you use.
INSERTING BATTERIES (NOT SUPPLIED)
Insert 6 batteries R20/D (13F) and you can take your system just about anywhere. Open the battery
compartment cover and insert batteries as shown.
The battery power will be switched off when you plugged the power cord into the AC
power jack on the unit.
Inserting Batteries into the Remote Control Unit:
Match the polarity (+ and –) of the batteries.
R03 (UM-4)/AAA (24F)
To avoid battery leakage or explosion, handle batteries properly.
• If you're not going to use your system for a month or more, remove the batteries from the battery
• Dispose of batteries in the proper manner, according to federal, state, and local regulations.
• Do not mix with different battery types or with new and old ones, or do not attempt to charge a
battery not intended to be recharged.
• Discard leaky batteries immediately. Leaking batteries can cause skin burns or other personal
SUPPLYING AC POWER
Plug the power cord into the AC power jack on the back of the unit, and into an AC power outlet.
To switch off the system completely, unplug the power cord.
CONNECTING TO TV
Connect the system to your TV or VCR's video/audio inputs to enjoy video images recorded on a VCD.
CONNECTING HEADPHONES (NOT SUPPLIED)
Connect headphones to the 3.5mm stereo headphone socket at the left side of the unit.
FUNCTION Switch – Move the switch to select the system function - RADIO, TAPE or CD/VCD.
VOLUME – Turn the volume knob to increase or decrease the volume level.
S-BASS – Turn on S-BASS by pressing button down for enhanced bass effect. Turn off S-BASS (up
position) for normal bass sound.
POWER OFF (standby) – Move the FUNCTION switch to
TAPE position. Be sure no cassette buttons
are pressed down.
USING THE RADIO
TUNING IN RADIO STATIONS
Move the FUNCTION switch to RADIO to turn the radio on.
Set BAND to FM, SW or MW.
Tune in desired station by turning the TUNING dial.
In SW reception, you can finely tune in desired station by turning the FINE TUNE knob on the right side
of the unit.
To turn off the radio, move FUNCTION switch to
HANDLING ANTENNAS FOR BETTER RECEPTION
The MW antenna is built in, so adjusting the position of the unit may help MW reception. The FM/SW rod
antenna on the back of the unit can be extended and rotated for better FM/SW reception.
USING THE TAPE DECK
REC ¶ – Press to record from the radio or CD/VCD player.
PLAY 2 – Press to play the cassette tape.
REW ¡ – From stop or play mode, press to rewind the tape toward the beginning.
FF 1 – From stop or play mode, press to advance the tape toward the end.
STOP/EJECT 7 0 – Press to stop the cassette tape, or to open the cassette compartment door when no
buttons are pressed down.
PAUSE 8 – Press to interrupt playback or recording. Pressing it again will resume playback or recording.
PLAYING A CASSETTE TAPE
1. Move the FUNCTION switch to
2. Press STOP/EJECT 7 0 to open the cassette compartment door.
3. Insert a cassette tape into the compartment with the open edge facing up. Tape travels from the right
to the left.
4. Close the door securely.
5. Press REW ¡ or FF 1 to move the tape to the desired starting point, if necessary.
6. Press PLAY 2 to start playing the tape. The cassette tape plays until it reaches the end of the side,
then it automatically stops.
RECORDING ON A CASSETTE TAPE
You can record from the radio or the CD/VCD player. For best recording, use the type I tape (normal bias
It may be unlawful to record or play back copyrighted material without the consent of the copyright
When you record on new material, the cassette deck records over whatever is on a tape. To protect a tape
from accidental erasure, break off one or both plastic tabs (one for each tape side) on the top of the
cassette tape. If you decide later to record on the tape, seal the hole with a piece of cellophane tape.
A little bit of slack in your tapes can cause scratches on the tape, or worse yet, the
tape could break. If you notice some slack in the tape use a pencil to tighten it up
before you insert in.
RECORDING FROM THE RADIO
1. Insert a blank cassette tape.
2. Move the FUNCTION switch to RADIO and tune in desired station.
3. Press REC ¶ to start recording. REC ¶ and PLAY 2 lock down.
4. Press STOP/EJECT 7 0 to end recording.
5. To turn off the radio, slide the FUNCTION switch to
SYNCHRO RECORDING FROM CDs
1. Move the FUNCTION switch to CD/VCD.
2. Insert a blank cassette tape.
3. Insert the CD you want to record. If you need, program the CD tracks.
• When you record from video CD with PBC, press PBC on the remote control unit to turn off "PBC"
indicator on the display (PBC OFF). Then, press STOP 7 to stop the video CD.
4. Press REC ¶.
The CD is automatically played and recorded onto the tape.
5. To stop at any position during recording, press STOP/EJECT 7 0.
To Record from the Desired Track:
In step 4 above, skip the CD track with the SKIP/SEARCH 4 , ¢ on the unit, or the
w, ∑ or the number buttons on the remote control unit, and then immediately press REC ¶.
About 5 seconds after the TRACK selection, the display returns to the TOC display.
• To temporarily pause the recording, press PAUSE 8 on the cassette deck. Press PAUSE 8 again
to resume recording. Note that using STOP/EJECT 7 0 instead of PAUSE 8 for this purpose is
not recommended as the recorded sound may be distorted.
BEFORE USING THE CD/VCD PLAYER
The display and the remote control unit are effective only for the CD/VCD player. The detailed operations
for the normal CDs (audio CDs and MP3 CDs) and the video CDs are separately explained in "USING
THE CD PLAYER" and "USING THE VCD PLAYER".
| Forward direction
REMOTE CONTROL'S BUTTONS
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE PLAYING CDs
Only CDs bearing these marks can be used with this system.
On MP3 CD Format:
• Disc format should be set to ISO 9660.
• Multisession recording is not supported.
• The disc must be finalized.
• Files other than MP3 (.MP3) are ignored.
Description of the unit's buttons is omitted since it is the same as that of the remote control unit's buttons
except the following buttons:
Remote control – w/∑
Remote control – 4/¢
• When any unacceptable button operation is made, "Err (Error)" will appear on the display.
Using the Number Buttons:
To specify the track number, press the number buttons as follows:
For track number 5, press 5.
For track number 10, press +10 and then 0.
For track number 25, press +10 twice and then 5.
LOADING A CD
1. Move the FUNCTION switch to CD/VCD. "NO DISC" appears if no CD is loaded.
2. Press CD OPEN 0 to open the CD door.
3. Place a CD into the tray with the label facing up.
4. Close the CD door. "READING" appears for a few seconds.
For audio CD/VCD: The total number of tracks and the playing time of the disc appear. For video CD,
For MP3 CD:
5. To remove the CD, press CD OPEN 0, grasp the CD by its edges, and carefully take it off.
When operating an MP3 CD, it may take time until the CD responds to the button com-
When the unit is connected to the TV, the disc information on MP3 appears on the TV.
CD OPEN 0
NUMBER BUTTONS (0-9, +10)
A - B
ALBUM – w
ALBUM + ∑
TITLE – 4
TITLE + ¢
RM-SRCBX75VWT REMOTE CONTROL
Unit – SKIP/SEARCH 4/¢
Unit – Pressing & holding SKIP/SEARCH 4/¢
"VCD" and VCD version ("2.0") indicators will light on the display.
The total album number and the total track number of the disc briefly appears,
and then changes to the first album and track numbers. Also, the "MP3" indicator
appears on the display.