1. Set the thermostat control(s) to the lowest setting (see
Thermostat Control graphic).
2. Disconnect power.
Turn System On or Off
Move the thermostat selector switch to HEAT or COOL to
turn on the system.
Move the thermostat selector switch to OFF to turn off the
Move the thermostat dial or lever to select the temperature you
would like the system to maintain.
Furnace must be installed and serviced by a
Examples of a qualified person include:
licensed heating personnel,
authorized gas company personnel.
Read and follow all instructions provided for
installation, adjustment, service, alteration, or
Failure to follow these instructions can result in death,
explosion, fire, or carbon monoxide poisoning.
GAS FURNACE MAINTENANCE
3. Remove the burner access panel (on some models).
4. Turn off the gas supply at the manual gas control valve.
5. Replace the burner access panel (on some models).
You may wish to increase your comfort by setting your system for
continuous circulation of the indoor air. You may do this by
moving the fan switch on the thermostat.
Move the fan switch to ON so the fan will operate
Move the fan switch to AUTO for the fan to operate only when
the appliance is either heating or cooling.
Use nonflammable cleaner.
Failure to do so can result in death, explosion,
ELECTRICAL SHOCK, FIRE OR EXPLOSION HAZARD
Failure to follow safety warnings exactly could result in
dangerous operation, serious injury, death, or property damage.
Improper servicing could result in dangerous operation, serious
injury, death or property damage.
• Before servicing, disconnect all electrical power to furnace.
• When servicing controls label all wires prior to disconnecting.
Reconnect wires correctly.
• Verify proper operation after servicing.
IMPORTANT: It is recommended that the furnace be inspected
and serviced at least once per year by a qualified person.
Servicing should include the items covered in this section.