A. Selector switch
C. Fan switch
B. Room temperature
D. Heating & cooling temperature setting
Furnace must be installed and serviced by a
Examples of a qualified person include:
licensed heating personnel,
authorized gas company personnel.
Read and follow all instructions provided for
installation, adjustment, service, alteration, or
Failure to follow these instructions can result in death,
explosion, fire, or carbon monoxide poisoning.
1. Set the thermostat control(s) to the lowest setting.
GAS FURNACE OPERATION
There are many types and styles of thermostats. Your thermostat
may look different from the one shown, depending on the type of
thermostat and whether cooling was installed with the system.
However, almost all thermostats perform the same basic
There are 2 switches located on the thermostat. One switch
controls the heating and cooling (if applicable) functions. The
other switch is for FAN operation, either continuous or automatic.
Also on the thermostat is the temperature range for the desired
heating and cooling temperatures.
2. Disconnect power.
3. Remove the burner access panel (on some models).
4. This appliance is equipped with an automatic ignition device.
Do not try to light the burners by hand.
A. Gas control
5. Place the gas control in the ON position.
6. Replace the burner access panel (on some models).
7. Reconnect power.
8. Set the thermostat to the desired setting.
9. If the furnace will not operate, see "Shut Down" and call a