CD RECEIVER : INSTRUCTIONS/INSTALLATION
© 2010 Victor Company of Japan, Limited
Canceling the display demonstration
Turn on the power.
Setting the clock
Turn on the power.
How to attach/detach the control
How to reset your unit
Reset the unit after installation is
• Your preset adjustments will
also be erased.
How to forcibly eject a disc
• You can forcibly eject the loaded disc even if the
disc is locked. To lock/unlock the disc, see page 2.
• Be careful not to drop the disc when it ejects.
• If this does not work, reset your unit.
Preparing the remote controller
When you use the remote controller for the first time,
pull out the insulation sheet.
Thank you for purchasing a JVC product.
Please read all instructions carefully before operation, to
ensure your complete understanding and to obtain the best
possible performance from the unit.
For customer Use:
Enter below the Model No. and Serial No. which are located
on the top or bottom of the cabinet. Retain this information
for future reference.
Finish the procedure.
Adjust the hour.
Adjust the minute.
Finish the procedure.
If the effectiveness of the remote controller
decreases, replace the battery.
Replacing the lithium coin battery
For USA-California Only:
This product contains a CR Coin Cell Lithium Battery
which contains Perchlorate Material—special
handling may apply.
• Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly
replaced. Replace only with the same or equivalent
• Battery shall not be exposed to excessive heat such
as sunshine, fire, or the like.
Warning (about battery handling)
To prevent accidents and damage:
• Do not install any battery other than CR2025 or its
• Store out of reach of children.
• Do not recharge, short, or dismantle.
• Do not dispose of in fire.
• Do not carry around with other metallic materials.
• Wrap the battery with tape and insulate when
throwing away or saving it.
INFORMATION (For U.S.A.)
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant
to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful
interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency
energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference
to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular
installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be
determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by
one or more of the following measures:
– Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
– Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
– Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
– Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Changes or modifications not approved by JVC could void the user's authority to operate the equipment.
IMPORTANT FOR LASER PRODUCTS
1. CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT
2. CAUTION: Do not open the top cover. There are no user serviceable parts inside the unit; leave all
servicing to qualified service personnel.
3. CAUTION: (For U.S.A.)
(For Canada) Visible and/or invisible class 1M laser radiation when open. Do not view directly
4. REPRODUCTION OF LABEL: CAUTION LABEL, PLACED OUTSIDE THE UNIT.
[European Union only]
If you need to operate the unit while driving, be sure
to look around carefully or you may be involved in a
Ejects the disc
Detaches the panel
Returns to the previous menu
• DO NOT expose to bright sunlight.
When you press or hold the following button(s)...
1 – EN
Visible and/or invisible class II laser radiation when open. Do not stare into beam.
with optical instruments.
• Do not raise the volume level too much, as this will
block outside sounds, making driving dangerous.
• Stop the car before performing any complicated
Temperature inside the car...
If you have parked the car for a long time in hot or
cold weather, wait until the temperature in the car
becomes normal before operating the unit.
• When the power is on, pressing /I/ATT on the remote controller
also attenuates the sound or pauses. Press /I/ATT again to cancel
muting or resume playback.
Turns off if pressed and held.
Selects the available sources (if the power is turned on).
• If the source is ready, playback also starts.
Adjusts the volume level.
• Mutes the sound while listening to a source. If the source is "CD" or
"USB," playback pauses. Press the control dial again to cancel muting
or resume playback.
• Confirms selection.
Selects the sound mode.
• Enters tone level adjustment directly (see page 3) if pressed and held
EQ BASS-TRE on the main unit.
Enters playback mode menu directly (see page 2).
Power off : Checks the current clock time.
Power on : Changes the display information.
Auxiliary input jack
USB (Universal Serial
Bus) input jack