SETTING OVEN CONTROLS
Use the broil feature to cook meats that require direct
exposure to radiant heat for optimum browning results.
When broiling always remember to arrange the oven
racks while oven is still cool.
For medium done steaks, position the oven rack closer to
the broil element (positions 4 or 5; Fig. 1). For well-done
foods such as chicken, fish, lobster or thick cuts of meat,
position the oven rack further from the broil element.
To set Broil
1. Arrange the oven rack while oven is still cool. Position
the oven rack as needed.
2. Press broil. " — — " will appear in display.
3. Press and hold the
setting level appears in the display. Press the
broil or the
for LO broil. Most foods may be broiled
at the HI broil setting. Select the LO broil setting to
avoid excess browning or drying of foods that should be
cooked to the well-done stage.
4. For optimum results, preheat oven for 5 minutes
before adding food.
5. Place the insert on the broil pan (some models; Fig. 2),
then place the food on the broil pan insert.
6. Place the broiler pan and insert on the oven rack.
7. Open the oven door to the broil stop position when
8. Broil on one side until food is browned. Turn and broil
food on 2nd side.
9. When broiling is finished press clear off.
Always pull the oven rack out to the stop position before
turning or removing the food.
until the desired broil
Should an oven fire occur, close the oven door and turn
the oven OFF. If the fire continues, use a fire
extinguisher. DO NOT put water or flour on the fire. Flour
may be explosive.
• The broiler pan and the insert (some models) allows
grease to drain and be kept away from the high heat of
the broiler. DO NOT use the pan without the insert. DO
NOT cover the insert with aluminum foil; the exposed
grease could ignite.
• To insure proper results when broiling use ONLY
Electrolux Home Products, Inc. approved broil pan &