Major operations and their functions Front view DIGITAL RECORDER DX - NT400 LOCK POWER REMOTE ALARM ACCESS INTERRUPT WARNING LINK RX/TX 6 7 8 9 10 11 1. HDD tray 9. WARNING indicator Attach the HDD which is commercially available to Illuminates when a warning is displayed on the here.
Rear view MAIN VIDEO CAMERA IN AC IN RS-232C ETHERNET RESET AUDIO 1. MAIN switch 8. RESET button This is the main power switch. When using this unit, Pressing this button resets the unit and the power set this switch to ON. Otherwise, the power cannot turns off.
Major operations and their functions (continued) Wired remote control R-400 (supplied) 5. REC/STOP buttons When pressing both buttons, recording starts and the REC indicator on the front panel lights up. When pressing both buttons during recording, recording stops and the REC indicator turns off. During timer recording, recording does not stop even when both buttons are pressed.
12. TIMER ON/OFF buttons When pressing both buttons, the unit is set to timer recording/standby mode. When pressing both buttons again, timer recording/standby mode is can- celled. 13. PLAY button When pressing this button during stop mode, the playback speed changes in the 4 grades (normal } 25 fields/second } 30 MB units } 300 MB units} normal).
Attaching and removing the HDD to the DX-NT400E Make sure that the POWER button on the front panel and the MAIN switch on the rear panel are both turned OFF when attaching or removing the HDD tray. Do not remove the top cover of the unit.
5. Hold the HDD tray with both hands and pull it out. Attaching and removing the HDD tray Be sure to use both hands when pulling out the Removing the HDD tray from the unit HDD tray in order to prevent the trouble of the HDD 1.
Attaching and removing the HDD to the DX-NT400E (continued) 5. Connect the middle connector of the ATA LEAD to the HDD. Attaching the HDD to the HDD tray When attaching one HDD: 1. Remove the top cover from the HDD tray.
8. Attach the top cover of the HDD tray. 5. Connect the POWER LEAD to the additional HDD. • To attach the top cover, put the hooks of the top cover in • Make sure that the POWER LEAD between the HDDs is the openings of the HDD tray.
HDD SELF TEST HDD SELF TEST Before using the HDD attached to this unit, test the HDD whether to be used correctly. There are 3 types of the test method and choose one in the <HDD SELF TEST> screen. When choosing, refer to the table below which describes the details of each method.
1. Attach the HDD to the unit, and connect the cameras, the 5. Press the ENTER button to execute the test. monitors, and the wired remote control. • The test is executed and the status screen appears. • When you attach the 2 HDDs, test for the HDD of drive A is executed first, and then test for the HDD of drive B is executed.
Basic operations Multiplexer functions Menu settings SPLIT/SINGLE, ZOOM, +, – and JOG buttons are used to Menu screens are used to set the operational conditions perform some of the multiplexer functions. of this unit. Although the setting method differs slightly depending on the menu screen, the basic setting method Multiplexer operation of using the JOG, ENTER, and CLEAR buttons is described...
6. Press the ENTER button. DAYLIGHT SAVING/DAYLIGHT SETTING • The setting item is determined and flashing stops. Auto daylight saving function is used to set the time period • To continue with other settings, repeat steps 4 to 6. to move the clock an hour. To activate this function, set the desired time period in “DAYLIGHT SETTING”...
Basic operations (continued) TIME DATE ADJUST 9. Press the JOG button to move the highlighted display to “MINUTE” and press the ENTER button. And then repeat Before you start recording, it is necessary to set step 8. accurately the present date and time. 10.
Basic manual recording Available recording intervals vary depending on Normal recording using manual operation is described the number of cameras operating or ALARM RE- below. Before you start recording, check the settings of CORDING settings. See the chart above for the “HDD REPEAT REC MAIN”...
Basic operations (continued) 6. Press the JOG buttons to select “1.25P” and then Basic playback press the ENTER button. This unit allows recorded video to be played back using • Setting item is determined and flashing stops. various methods. The basic playback described below is the most common method for playback.
3. Press the JOG buttons to display “03” for “DAY” and “SUB” appears when “HDD SETTING” in the then press the ENTER button. <INITIALIZATION> is set to “PARTITION.” • Setting item is determined and flashing stops. 10-2. Press the JOG buttons to display the desired 4.
Basic operations (continued) 14. Press either the PLAY button or the PAUSE button to playback the searched image. 15. To stop playback/still frame playback, press the STOP button. • The display returns to the normal screen. LANGUAGE SELECTION With this unit, the menu screen display can be selected from six languages.
Menu functions MENU SETTING You can set the basic settings for this unit in the menu setting. During playback, recording, and pre-alarm recording stand-by mode, you cannot change some of the menu settings. SET UP button MAIN MENU SUB MENU (1) SUB MENU (2) <SETTINGS>...
SET UP button MAIN MENU <SETTINGS> >>TIME DATE/DISPLAY SETTINGS MPX DISPLAY SETTINGS MOTION DETECTION SETTINGS RECORD SETTINGS TIMER PROGRAM SETTINGS INITIAL SET UP/INFORMATION MEMO: SUB MENU (1) SUB MENU (2) <INITIAL SET UP/INFORMATION> <HDD SETTINGS> >>HDD SETTINGS >>HDD REPEAT REC MAIN AUDIO RECORDING HDD REPEAT REC SUB REAR TERMINAL SETTINGS...
Menu functions (continued) SET UP button SUB MENU (2) SUB MENU (3) MAIN MENU SUB MENU (1) <SETTINGS> <INITIAL SET UP/INFORMATION> <INFORMATION/SERVICE> <HDD INFORMATION> >>TIME DATE/DISPLAY SETTINGS >>HDD SETTINGS >>HDD INFORMATION MPX DISPLAY SETTINGS AUDIO RECORDING WARNING LOG LIST A: HDD(120GB) MOTION DETECTION SETTINGS REAR TERMINAL SETTINGS RESET TO FACTORY SETTINGS...
SEARCH SELECTION MENU SEARCH button MAIN MENU SUB MENU (1) <TIME DATE SEARCH> <SEARCH SELECTION> SEARCH TYPE TIME DATE >>01-01-2003 00:00:00 >>SELECTION CAMERA NUMBER EXECUTE(FORWARD) PLAYBACK DEVICE MAIN SEARCH button MAIN MAIN START ---------- --:--:-- ---------- --:--:-- START ---------- --:--:-- PUSH SEARCH KEY FOR ---------- --:--:- SEARCH SELECTION...
Recording time table Continuous recording time table HDD continuous recording time (for 240 GB drive) Displays the estimated recordable time (when recording on a 240 GB (4R120L0 120 GB x 2) HDD). The following table shows estimated recordable time when operating with one camera and the recording interval is set at a constant PPS rate given at the top of the column.
Communications by Web Browser AUTHENTICATION Communications by Web Browser Start up the Microsoft Internet Explorer and log in. This unit can communicate with a PC via Web browser. Live and pre-recorded images can be viewed from this 1. Start up the Microsoft Internet Explorer and enter the IP mode.
Communications by Web Browser (continued) 3-1. (If you make an error in entering the userID or password 1. Select the desired “Menu” and left-click. • • • ) • The “[Rejection]” screen appears. 3-2. Select “[Back to Authentication]” and either left-click or press ENTER.
Setting “Transfer Rate” too far on “Hi” may present obstacles to PC operation as determined by the performance of the PC you are using. Please set it to the appropriate rate to the image retrieval speed of your machine. Depending on the network capacity and the load conditions, the transfer rate may not rise.
Communications by Web Browser (continued) : Press to start reverse playback. : Press to start speed searches in the reverse direction at speeds of x2, x4, x8 and x16. : Press to frame-by-frame playback in the reverse direction. : During playback or searching, press to stop playback for still frame.
4-1. (To register a new user • • • ) <User authorization> Enter the new userID and new password in “Register new user.” Live Monitor: 4-2. Refer to step 2-1, select the “access auth.” desired and Allows acquisition of live images. It is a mandatory check it.
Communications by Web Browser (continued) 3. Confirm that the desired time is set. • Change log in user This screen is for changing the logged in user. 1. Select “Change log in user” and left-click. • The “[Authentication]” menu appears. •...