Connecting the System
• PIONEER does not recommend that you install or service your display your-
self. Installing or servicing the product may expose you to risk of electric
shock or other hazards. Refer all installation and servicing of your display to
authorized Pioneer service personnel.
• Secure all wiring with cable clamps or electrical tape. Do not allow any bare
wiring to remain exposed.
• Do not drill a hole into the engine compartment to connect the yellow lead of
the unit to the vehicle battery. Engine vibration may eventually cause the
insulation to fail at the point where the wire passes from the passenger com-
partment into the engine compartment. Take extra care in securing the wire
at this point.
• It is extremely dangerous to allow the display lead to become wound around
the steering column or gearshift. Be sure to install the display in such a way
that it will not obstruct driving.
• Make sure that wires will not interfere with moving parts of the vehicle, such
as the gearshift, parking brake or seat sliding mechanism.
• Do not shorten any leads. If you do, the protection circuit may fail to work
• Never feed power to other electronic products by cutting the insulation of the
power supply lead of the display unit and tapping into the lead. The current
capacity of the lead will be exceeded, causing overheating.