WARNING: This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade on the plug is wider
than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, only use a polarized plug in a
polarized outlet. If the plug does not fit easily into the outlet, turn the plug over so
the right part of the plug fits in the outlet's other slot. If the plug still does not fit,
contact a qualified electrician. Do not modify the plug in any way.
USER SERVICING INSTRUCTIONS
Remove the plug from the receptacle or other outlet device. Do not unplug by
pulling on the cord.
Use a suitable tool such as a small flat screwdriver or travel scissors.
When opening the fuse cover, slide opens the fuse access cover on top of the
attachment plug towards the blades. (See Fig.1)
Carefully remove the fuse by prying it out. (See Fig.2)
A fire can result from using the wrong fuse rating. Only replace fuses with a 2.5
Amp, 125 Volt rating fuse. (replacement fuses are not included）
To close the fuse access cover, slide the fuse access cover on top of the attachment
plug. (see Fig.3)
7. Do not replace the attachment plug because it contains a safety device (fuse) that
should not be removed. Discard this product if the attachment plug is damaged
Attach the Coupling (14) to the Base (17) with four Screws (16).
Adjust the fan height with the Knob (13) on the Coupling Tube.
Position the Motor (10) into the Inner Pipe (12) by using the Neck Screw (11).
Attach the Rear Guard (5) over the front Motor Cover (7). Make sure the notches are
correctly aligned and secure them with the Locking Nut (4).
Place the fan blade (2) on the Motor Shaft(6) making sure that the screw (3) is
aligned over the flat portion of the fan shaft. With the screw over the flat portion,
tighten the screw (3) to secure the fan blade to the shaft. Make sure that the screw is
fully tightened to prevent the fan blade from slipping on the shaft.
With fan head in upright position, align Black & Decker logo of front grill so it is
horizontal and right side up. By starting with the top of the grill and working down
push the guard rings in place, so that it holds both guards together.
1. Place the fan on a level surface that is completely dry.
2. Make sure the rotary switch is at the "0" (OFF) position.
3. Plug the unit into a 120V AC 60Hz outlet.
4. Adjust the fan head vertically to your desired angle.
5. To run the unit, turn the rotary switch to the "1" (LOW), "2" (MEDIUM) or "3"
6. To turn the unit off, turn the rotary switch to the "0" (OFF) position.
7. Unplug the unit from the electrical outlet when it's not in use or is left unattended.