INSTALL DISCHARGE CHUTE / CHUTE ROTATER HEAD
NOTE: The multi-wrench provided in your parts bag may be
used to install the chute rotater head.
1. Place discharge chute assembly on top of chute base
with discharge opening toward front of snow thrower.
2. Position chute rotater head over chute bracket. If
necessary, rotate chute assembly to align square and
pin on underside of chute rotater head with holes in
3. With chute rotater head and chute bracket aligned,
position chute rotater head on pin and threaded stud of
4. Install 3/8 washer and locknut on threaded stud and
INSTALL WEIGHT BAG
Though seldom required, the weight bag will reduce the
tendency of the auger housing to ride up on hard, icy drifts.
Should conditions require it, install as follows:
1. Shut off engine and wait for all moving parts to stop.
2. Fill weight bag with desired amount of sand.
3. Place weight bag on top of auger housing with mount-
4. Insert weight bag between the auger housing and the
IMPORTANT: Mount the weight bag in a location which
does not cover the warning decals on top of the auger
CHECK TIRE PRESSURE
The tires on your snow thrower were overinflated at the
factory for shipping purposes. Correct and equal tire
pressure is important for best snow throwing performance.
ing clamp at front edge of auger housing as shown.
bar of the mounting clamp as shown and secure with
5/16-18 x 1-1/2 capscrews. Tighten securely.
Reduce tire pressure to 14-17 PSI.
5/16-18 x 1-1/2