ASSEMBLY / PRE-OPERATION
HOW TO SET UP YOUR SNOW THROWER
TOOL BOX (See Fig. 10)
A toolbox is provided on your snow thrower. The toolbox is
located on top of the belt cover. Store the extra shear bolts,
nuts and multi-wrench provided in parts bag in the toolbox.
NOTE: The multi-wrench may be used for assembly of the
chute rotator head to snow thrower and making ad just ments
to the skid plates.
UNFOLD UPPER HANDLE
1. Raise upper handle to the operating position and
tight en handle knobs securely. Additional carriage
bolts, washers and handle knobs are in bag of parts.
Use to secure upper handle to lower handle. Install
in lower holes in handles.
INSTALL SPEED CONTROL ROD (See Figs. 1 and 2)
1. Remove plastic tie securing rod to lower handle.
2. Insert rod into speed control bracket and secure with
SPEED CON TROL ROD
INSTALL TRACTION DRIVE CONTROL ROD
(See Figs. 3 and 4)
The traction drive control rod has the long loop on the end
of the spring as shown.
1. Slide rubber sleeve up rod and hook end of spring into
pivot bracket with loop opening down as shown.
2. With top end of rod positioned under left side of control
panel, push rod down and insert top end of rod into hole
in drive control bracket. Secure with retainer spring.
CON TROL LEVER