CLEANING YOUR WASHER
Keep your washer as clean and fresh as your clothes. To keep
washer interior odor-free, follow this recommended monthly
1. Make sure the washer is empty.
2. Using liquid chlorine bleach, add 1 cup (250 mL) to liquid
chlorine bleach dispenser.
IMPORTANT: Do not add detergent to CLEAN WASHER with
bleach cycle. Do not use more than recommended amount of
bleach to avoid damaging product over time.
3. Close washer lid.
4. Press POWER.
5. Select CLEAN WASHER with bleach cycle.
6. Press START/PAUSE/UNLOCK LID. Water will pour into
washer for a moment and pause, lid will lock, then cycle
NOTE: For best results, do not interrupt cycle. If cycle must
be interrupted, press POWER and run a Rinse/Spin cycle to
ensure cleaner or bleach have been rinsed from washer.
To clean exterior:
1. Use a soft, damp cloth or sponge to wipe up any spills.
2. Use all-purpose surface cleaner, if needed.
IMPORTANT: To avoid damaging the washer's finish, do not
use abrasive products.
NON-USE AND VACATION CARE
Operate your washer only when you are home. If moving, or
not using your washer for a period of time, follow these steps:
1. Unplug or disconnect power to washer.
2. Turn off water supply to washer, to avoid flooding due to
water pressure surge.
WINTER STORAGE CARE
IMPORTANT: To avoid damage, install and store washer
where it will not freeze. Because some water may stay in
hoses, freezing can damage washer (steam models only).
If storing or moving during freezing weather, winterize your
To winterize washer:
1. Shut off both water faucets, disconnect and drain water
2. Put 1 qt. (1 L) of R.V.-type antifreeze in basket and run
washer on Rinse/Spin cycle for about 30 seconds to mix
antifreeze and remaining water.
3. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
TRANSPORTING YOUR WASHER
1. Shut off both water faucets. Disconnect and drain water
2. If washer will be moved during freezing weather, follow
Winter Storage Care directions before moving.
3. Disconnect drain from drain system and drain any
remaining water into a pan or bucket. Disconnect drain hose
from back of washer.
4. Unplug power cord.
5. Place inlet hoses and drain hose inside washer basket.
6. Drape power cord over edge and into washer basket.
7. Place packing tray from original shipping materials back
inside washer. If you do not have packing tray, place heavy
blankets or towels into basket opening. Close lid and place
tape over lid and down front of washer. Keep lid taped until
washer is placed in new location.
REINSTALLING/USING WASHER AGAIN
To reinstall washer after non-use, vacation, winter storage
1. Refer to Installation Instructions to locate, level, and
2. Before using again, run washer through the following
To use washer again:
1. Flush water pipes and hoses. Reconnect water inlet hoses.
Turn on both water faucets.
2. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
3. Run washer through Bulky cycle to clean washer and
remove antifreeze, if used. Use only HE High Efficiency
detergent. Use half the manufacturer's recommended amount
for a medium-size load.