For details on the compatibility of your USB
device, visit the support site.
• MSC (Mass Storage Class) and MTP (Media
Transfer Protocol) type USB devices compliant
with the USB standard can be used.
• Corresponding codec is MP3 (.mp3), WMA
(.wma) and AAC (.m4a).
• Backup of data in a USB device is
Connect the USB device after starting the engine.
Depending on the USB device, malfunction or damage
may occur if it is connected before starting the engine.
Playing back a USB device
Remove the USB cap from the USB
connector and connect the USB
device to the USB connector.
If a USB device is already connected, to start
playback, press (SOURCE) repeatedly until
Press (OFF) to stop playback.
Removing the USB device
1 Stop the USB device playback.
2 Remove the USB device.
If you remove your USB device during
playback, data in the USB device may be
• Do not use USB devices so large or heavy that they
may fall down due to vibration, or cause a loose
• This unit cannot recognize USB devices via a USB
B Track name, Artist name, Album number*,
Album name, Track number/Elapsed playing
* Album number is displayed only when the album is
To change display items B, press (DSPL).
• Displayed items will differ, depending on the USB
device, recorded format and settings. For details,
visit the support site.
• The maximum number of displayable data is as
– folders (albums): 128
– files (tracks) per folder: 500
• Do not leave a USB device in a parked car, as
malfunction may result.
• It may take time for playback to begin, depending on
the amount of recorded data.
• DRM (Digital Rights Management) files may not be
• During playback or fast-forward/reverse of a VBR
(Variable Bit Rate) MP3/WMA/AAC file, elapsed
playing time may not display accurately.
• Playback of the following MP3/WMA/AAC files is not
– lossless compression