READ AND SAVE THESE
BEFORE USING THIS HEATER.
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions
should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire,
electric shock, and injury to persons, including the
1. Read all instructions before using this heater.
2. This heater is hot when in use. To avoid burns, do not
let bare skin touch hot surface. If provided, use han-
dles when moving this heater. Keep combustible
materials, such as furniture, pillows, bedding,
papers, clothes, and curtains at least 3 feet (0.9 m)
from the front of the heater and keep them away from
the sides and rear.
3. Extreme caution is necessary when any heater is
used by or near children or invalids and whenever
the heater is left operating and unattended.
4. Always unplug heater when not in use.
5. Do not operate any heater with a damaged cord or
plug or after the heater malfunctions, has been
dropped or damaged in any manner. Return heater
to authorized service facility for examination, electri-
cal or mechanical adjustment, or repair.
6. Do not use outdoors.
7. This heater is not intended for use in bathroom, laun-
dry areas and similar moist indoor locations. Never
locate heater where it may fall into a bathtub or other
8. Do not run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord
with throw rugs, runners, or the like. Arrange cord
away from traffic area where it will not be tripped
9. This heater is for use on 120 volts. The cord has a
grounded plug as shown in
. An adapter is
available at retail (not included) for connecting three-
blade grounding-type plugs to two-slot receptacles.
The green grounding lug extending from the adapter
must be connected to a permanent ground such as a
properly grounded outlet box. The adapter should not
be used if a three-slot grounded receptacle is avail-
10. This heater draws 12.5 amps during operation. To
prevent overloading a circuit, do not plug the heater
into a circuit that already has other appliances work-
11. It is normal for the plug to feel warm to the touch;
however, a loose fit between the AC outlet (recepta-
cle) and plug may cause overheating and distortion
of the plug. Contact a qualified electrician to replace
loose or worn outlet.
12. To disconnect the heater, first turn controls to the
position, then grip the plug and pull it from the
wall outlet. Never pull by the cord.
13. Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any
ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an
electric shock or fire, or damage the heater.
14. To prevent a possible fire, do not block air intakes or
exhaust in any manner. Do not use on soft surface,
like a bed, where openings may become blocked.
15. A heater has hot and arcing or sparking parts inside.
Do not use it in the areas where gasoline, paint, or
flammable liquids are used or stored.
16. Use this heater only as described in this manual.
Any other use not recommended by the manufac-
turer may cause fire, electric shock, or injury to per-
17. Avoid the use of an extension cord because the
extension cord may overheat and cause a risk of fire.
However, if you have to use an extension cord, the
cord shall be No. 14 AWG minimum size and rated
not less than 1875 watts.
18. The output of this heater may vary and its tempera-
ture may become intense enough to burn exposed
skin. Use of this heater is not recommended for per-
sons with reduced sensitivity to heat or an inability to
react to avoid burns.