2. Copy Protection and Regional Code Management Block
KEY Management Control
1. Regional Code for DVD Disc
– DVD-ROM drive transfers the regional code of the control data to host by the command of host, the DVD
player of host reads the regional code, and plays title in the case of allowed regional code only.
2. Management of DVD Disc for the scrambled of data
(1) DVD-ROM and DVD player of host generate the "KEY 1" respectively, transfer to opposite part, the
"KEY 2" is received, recognizes the data transfer or not with this value, and generates the bus key
encoded the data.
(2) Encoded "Disc Key" and "Title Key" host is transfer with the bus Key.
(3) DVD player of host reads the key value, and uses the value to restore the scrambled data.
* Refer to the next page for the details.
Change the "KEY"
Scrambled MPEG Data