RCWL301A Instruction Manual
Premium Portable Wirefree Chime with Push, Converter, and Door Contacts
Thank you for choosing this Honeywell product. Please use the following instructions
to ensure correct installation and use. Keep these notes in a safe place for future
Checking Pack Contents
Unpack your chime kit and identify the following parts:
• Wall mounting bracket
• Bell push
• Bell push/converter/extender
• Door contacts
• 2x CR2032 battery for bell push and converter
• 4x mounting screws for door contacts
• 4x mounting screws for push/converter
• 2x mounting screws for chime
• 2x wall anchors
• 2x adhesive pads
• Bell wire (for use with converter and door contact)
• Self-adhesive icons
You will need:
• 3x LR6 'AA' Alkaline batteries
• Phillips screwdriver
• Small flat bladed screwdriver
• 1/4-in. (6 mm) masonry drill
Before proceeding with the installation, please note the following safety warnings:
• Always follow the manufacturer's advice when using power tools and wear suitable
protective equipment (e.g. safety goggles) when drilling holes, etc.
• Before drilling holes in walls, check for hidden electricity cables and water pipes.
The use of a cable/pipe locator is advisable if in doubt.
The bell push supplied with this kit is pre-programmed to operate with the chime. You
need to do the following to get started:
• Open the bell push
• Fit the push battery
• Fit the chime batteries
• Check the volume setting
When you operate the bell push, the chime will sound and the 1st icon will flash.
If you use the converter, an additional push or you want to assign a different
icon to your push, you will need to follow the Programming Procedure.
• Open the bell push/converter/extender
• Connect the push/converter/extender to the door contacts
• Fit the push/converter/extender battery
• Follow programming procedure to program push/converter/extender to the chime
When the door contacts (a normally closed circuit) are separated/opened the
alert will sound and the icon assigned to the converter will flash.
• Mount the door contacts to the door and door frame.
• Mount the push/converter/extender near the door frame.
Open the Bell Push
Insert a flat bladed screwdriver into the slot A at the base of the push. Carefully lever
the cover and base apart (Fig. 1).
Fit the Push Battery
Insert the CR2032 coin cell. Ensure the face marked '+' is uppermost (Fig. 2).
Fit the Chime Batteries
To remove the chime battery cover, press at point B and slide the cover back 1/4 in. (5
mm), then lift off. Insert 3 x LR6 'AA' alkaline batteries (not supplied). Observe polarity
as marked inside the battery compartment (Fig 3).