DANGER WARNING CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 If you smell gas: 1. Combustion by-products produced when using this 1. Shut off gas to the appliance. product contain chemicals known to the State of 2. Extinguish any open flame. California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm.
Temperature GRILLING GUIDE – Getting Started The temperature gauge in the hood of your new grill measures air temperature. The air temperature inside your First Time Use grill will never be as hot as the temperature at the cooking Read your Assembly Manual and ensure the grill is put surface.
Rotisserie Cooking GRILLING GUIDE – Grilling 101 Rotisserie cooking is best for 'round' meat, such as large roasts, whole poultry, and pork. It generally requires an Outdoor grilling is really quite simple. You'll succeed with accessory motor and spit rod that allows the meat to be burgers, dogs, or steaks usually on your very first try.
GRILLING GUIDE – Tips & Tricks Wood Chips For extra smoke flavor when grilling, try adding wood chips. Cooking on your new grill is a hands-on experience, and it Soak the chips in water for approximately 30 minutes is recommended to remain outside with your grill while before adding to a smoke box or pan.
Cooking surfaces: If a bristle brush is used to clean any of GRILLING GUIDE – Cleaning Your Grill the grill cooking surfaces, ensure no loose bristles remain on cooking surfaces prior to grilling. It is not recommended to Why Clean? clean cooking surfaces while grill is hot.
LP Tank USE AND CARE • The LP Tank used with your grill must meet the following requirements: DANGER • Use LP Tanks only with these required measurements: 12" (30.5cm) (diameter) x 18" (45.7 cm) (tall) with 20 lb. (9 kg.) capacity maximum.
LP Tank Exchange Connecting Regulator To The LP Tank • Many retailers that sell grills offer you the option of 1. LP tank must be properly secured onto grill. (Refer to replacing your empty LP tank through an exchange service. assembly section.) Use only those reputable exchange companies that inspect, precision fill, test and certify their tanks.
Leak Testing Valves, Hose and Regulator 1. Turn all grill control knobs to OFF. 2. Be sure regulator is tightly connected to LP tank. 3. Completely open LP tank valve by turning OPD hand wheel counterclockwise. If you hear a rushing sound, turn gas off immediately.
Safety Tips WARNING ▲ Before opening LP cylinder valve, check the coupling nut for tightness. ▲ When grill is not in use, turn off all control knobs and LP For Safe Use of Your Grill and to Avoid Serious cylinder valve. Injury: ▲...
SEAR Burner Ignitor Lighting Ignitor Lighting ▲ Do not lean over grill while lighting. ▲ Do not lean over grill while lighting. 1. Turn OFF gas burner control valves. 1. Turn OFF gas burner control valves. 2. Turn ON gas at tank or source. 2.
Burner Flame Check General Grill Cleaning • Remove cooking grates and heat diffusers. Light • Do not mistake brown or black accumulation of burners, rotate knobs from HIGH to LOW. You should grease and smoke for paint. Interiors of gas grills see a smaller flame in LOW position than seen on are not painted at the factory (and should never be HIGH.
4. Detach electrode from burner. CAUTION NOTE: Removal/Detachment method will depend on the burner configuration. See different configurations in illustrations below. 5. Carefully lift each burner up and away from valve SPIDER ALERT! openings. We suggest three ways to clean the burner tubes.
ASSEMBLY • Attach bottom shelf, oriented as shown, to left and right leg assemblies with 1/4-20x2-3/8” machine screws and 1/4-20 flange nuts. The cut out hole for the LP cylinder should be on the left side. For Front Door Right Side Panel Brace Assembly Left Side Panel 1/4-20x2-3/8"...
• Hang tank exclusion wire onto lower back panel, attach other end to bottom shelf with #8x3/8” sheet metal screw. Lower Back Panel #8x3/8" Sheet Metal Screws Qty. 1 • Place front door brace as shown. Attach to left and right leg assemblies with 1/4-20x2-3/8" machine screws and 1/4-20 flange nuts.
• Turn assembly upside down. • Insert Caster Pin into the caster mounting plate to lock it in place, shown A. Spin the caster clockwise into the threads on the bottom shelf until secure. Remove the Caster Pin and repeat for remaining casters. Make sure the two locking casters are secured at the rear and the non-locking casters are secured at the front (B).
• Stand cart upright. • This step requires two people to lift and position grill head onto cart. • Carefully lower the grill head onto the cart. Make sure the regulator hose is hanging outside the cart. Attach with 1/4-20x1/2” screws. Grill Head 1/4-20x1/2"...
• Attach right side fascia to right side shelf with #10-24x3/8" screw assemblies (A). • Hook the right side shelf to firebox by the pre-assembled screws (B). • Inside firebox, insert 7mm fiber washer and 1/4-20x1/2” screw as shown (C). •...
• Attach left side fascia to left side shelf with #10-24x3/8" screw assemblies (A). • Hook the side burner shelf to firebox by the pre-assembled screws (B). • Inside firebox, insert 7mm fiber washer and 1/4-20x1/2” screw as shown (C). •...
• Attach side burner bezel and valve with #8-32x3/8” Stainless Steel screws. (A). • Place side burner into shelf. Make sure valve is inside side burner tube. Attach side burner with #8 wing nut (B). Hook venturi clip to side burner tube and around manifold. Attach side burner ignitor wire to ignitor as shown (C). •...
• Place side burner lid onto left side shelf and align hinges holes in back of lid with side shelf holes. Attach side burner lid assembly to side shelf with #8-32 x3/8" screws and #8-32 hex nuts. • Place side burner cooking grate and griddle onto side burner shelf. #8-32X3/8”...
• Attach handle to door with #10-24x1/2” machine screws, 5mm flat washers and 5mm lock washers (A). • Insert hinge pin on bottom shelf into hole in door. Press upper hinge pin in front door brace, align hinge hole on top of door, and release hinge pin into door.
• Place heat diffusers over tube burners and the heat diffuser for sear burner over sear burner by inserting tabs into slots in front of firebox. Opposite ends of heat diffusers rest on pins in back of firebox. Heat Diffuser, F/Sear Burner (Stainless Steel) Heat Diffuser...
• Attach the heat shield to grease tray with #8x3/8” sheet metal screws (A). • Place grease pan into grease tray, then place the tray into the cart (B). CAUTION Heat Shield Failure to install grease tray and Grease Tray grease pan will cause hot grease to drip from bottom of grill with risk of fire or property damage.
• Remove the warming rack and open the side burner lid before assembling rotisserie. • Remove the pre-assembled screws, fiber washers and flange nuts from rotisserie brackets. Then attached the handle side rotisserie bracket to left and motor side rotisserie bracket to right side of firebox, as shown A. •...
Rotisserie Operation Instructions WARNING Use only a Ground Fault Interrupter (GFI) protected circuit Electrical Grounding Instructions: with this rotisserie motor. This appliance is equipped with a three prong (grounded) plug for your protection against shock hazard and should 1. Make sure power switch on the rotisserie motor is in the be plugged directly into a properly grounded three prong “OFF”...
EMERGENCIES: If a gas leak cannot be stopped, or a fire occurs due to gas leakage, call the fire department. Emergencies Possible Cause Prevention/Solution Gas leaking from • Damaged hose. • Turn off gas at LP cylinder or at source on natural gas systems. cracked/cut/burned If the hose is cracked or cut but not burned, simply replace hose.
Troubleshooting (continued) Problem Possible Cause Prevention/Solution Burner(s) will not light ELECTRONIC IGNITION: using ignitor. • No spark, no ignition noise. • See Section I of Electronic Ignition System. (See Electronic Ignition Troubleshooting also) • No spark, some ignition noise. • See Section II of Electronic Ignition System. •...
Troubleshooting - Electronic Ignition Problem (Ignition) Possible Cause Check Procedure Prevention/Solution SECTION I No sparks appear at • Battery not installed • Check battery orientation. • Install battery (make sure that “+” and “–” properly. connectors are oriented correctly, with “+” end up any electrodes when Electronic Ignition and “–”...
Get it fixed, at your home or ours! Your Home For troubleshooting, product manuals, repair and expert advice: Please call Grill Service Center for Help and Parts For English and French service: please call 1-800-241-7548 For repair – in your home – of all major brand appliances, lawn and garden equipment, or heating and cooling systems, no matter who made it, no matter who sold it! For the replacement parts, accessories and...