CAR CARE TIPS
1. Wash and polish the car 3 to 4 times a year to help ensure paint protection.
2. Wash the car at least every 2 weeks with a car wash solution which will not harm
the finish or strip the wax. AVOID washing with household detergents.
3. Wash with a clean sponge and dry with a terry cloth towel to help prevent dirt from
scratching the paint. Start on the top and work down.
4. Remove bugs, bird droppings, tree sap and tar from the car's surface on a daily
5. ALWAYS make sure that the car's surface is cool before washing.
6. Avoid parking near sprinklers, because water spots are difficult to remove.
7. ALWAYS keep glass cleaner chemicals away from painted surfaces. Spray the
cleaner onto a towel, NOT directly on the windows.
1. Terry cloth bonnets, polishing bonnet and hand applicator pad can all be machine
washed in cold water, using a small amount of detergent. Machine dry at medium
temperature. HOWEVER, we recommend hand washing and air drying for longer
2. Wax applicator bonnets should only be used once, then disposed of properly.
3. Remove the bonnet from the foam pad when the buffer / polisher is not is use,
so the pad can dry out and retain its original shape.
4. To prolong the life of the foam pad, ALWAYS store the buffer / polisher with the
pad face up.
5. NEVER USE ABRASIVE COMPOUNDS WITH THIS TOOL.
6. DO NOT apply too much wax to the bonnet. Applying too much wax causes the
bonnet to become saturated and it will not last as long. THIS MAKES
POLISHING MORE DIFFICULT AND IT TAKES LONGER.
7. If the bonnet is continually coming off the pad, you may be using too much wax.
8. If buffing seems difficult, you have used too much wax.
9. ONLY USE a mild soap solution and a damp sponge to clean the buffer / polisher.
10. DO NOT immerse ay part of the buffer / polisher in liquid.
The use of attachments or accessories that are not
recommended for this tool might be dangerous and could result in serious
Sears and other Craftsman
outlets offer a large selection of Craftsman
buffer / polisher accessories designed for all your buffing and polishing
Look for these Craftsman accessories. They are specially designed to make
your 10-in. Buffer / Polisher more efficient to use.
Wax Applicator Bonnets for applying waxes and polishes.
Terry Cloth Bonnets use for removing wax and for buffing and polishing.
Polishing Bonnets for final buffing and polishing to a "showroom" shine.
Quality Waxes for the finest protection and appearance.
Visit your local Sears store or other Craftsman outlets or shop
sears.com/craftsman for all of the accessories for your buffer / polisher.